Chapter Seventeen

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Seventeen

EPOV

On Friday, I got home from working a double and crashed. Alice texted me, saying that dinner was going to start at six at her place. Dress nicely and bring beer were her instructions. I fell into bed for a nap so I could be somewhat functional at this dinner party that Alice was hosting. The other lieutenant on squad had a family emergency. Garrett asked me to stay and to say that the house was hopping was an understatement. My body was sore and even though I'd taken numerous showers, I still felt like I smelled like smoke and death.

After a three hour snooze and forty-five minute soak in my Jacuzzi tub, I felt somewhat human. I dressed in a pair of jeans, a gray chambray shirt and a pair of beige sneaker things. Alice said that they would be versatile. I had to agree. They were my go-to shoes when I wasn't wearing my boots for work or running shoes if I was working out. I grabbed my keys and went to a nearby liquor store to pick up several different beers, included 312, Stella and Blue Moon. Driving back to the condo, I parked my baby and went up to Alice's place. She opened the door, wearing a summer dress and a pair of flats. "I told you to dress up," she snipped.

"This is dressing up, Alice," I said, handing her the bags with the beer. "I look nice. I even put that shit in my hair."

"Okay, okay," she conceded. "Jasper is on his way. Can you let him in when he buzzes?"

"Sure. I thought he had a key?"

"He did but he's worse than me when it comes to losing things," Alice snorted. "I'm shocked he made it through med school without losing his mind."

"True," I chuckled. "Do you need me to help?"

"Nope! I'm good. I went the lazy route and had everything prepared for me. That's why Jasper isn't here. He's picking up dinnerfrom Greek Islands. I got us gyros, Greek salad, and baklava," she replied, rubbing her belly. My sister's appetite rivaled mine and she was barely five foot.

"You don't have appetizers?" I asked.

"I do, but I'm putting the finishing touches on the veggie platter and antipasto plate," she said, walking into the kitchen, putting the beer into the fridge. "If you want to put this onto the table that would be great." She handed me a large bowl of pita chips along with some tzatziki sauce. I did as she asked, helping out in the kitchen until the doorbell buzzed. It was Emmett, entertaining us with another rendition of 'Who Let the Dogs Out.' I let him up and propped open the door.

A few moments later, Emmett burst through the door. "Opa!" he bellowed. "Can I break some plates, Ali?"

"No, Emmett. And just for that comment, you're using paper," Alice giggled, waving her knife at my best friend.

"Hey, Em," I said, giving him a man-hug. I turned to his long-time girlfriend, Rosalie, and kissed her on the cheek. "How are you doing, Rose?" She didn't respond, just narrowed her eyes and handed me a bottle of wine. Yeah, ice queen. She and Irina were close friends and she hated me when I broke it off with Irina. Do you know what she did? Really? I ignored her frosty behavior and put the bottle of wine into the fridge. Emmett sat down on the couch, his arm slung over Rose's shoulder. I brought them both a bottle of beer and went to open the door again since the doorbell was buzzing.

"Food's here!" Jasper bellowed, balancing a box. "Oh, and I found a stray."

"She's not a stray," Alice hissed, smacking Jasper's arm. Behind him was Bella. She was wearing a pair of jeans and a red checked blouse and a tan jacket. She held an armful goodies, from what I smelled, baked goods. "Ignore my boyfriend. He's anidiot."

"I'm not an idiot. She followed me after I introduced myself as your boyfriend," Jasper snickered.

"I opened the door for you," Bella said, arching a brow, "and, yes, I followed you because I'm going to the same condo."

"Ooooh, a smart ass," Emmett laughed from the couch. "Edward, watch out. Your throne may be up for grabs."

"I'd rather be a smart ass than a dumb ass," I said, but I had a female echo. I looked at Bella, who was blushing as red as her checked top.

"It's true," Bella shrugged, putting her loot on the counter. "And you're a smart ass?"

"Try to be," I laughed. "When I'm surrounded by the Fart Monster at work and Little Bit at home, I've got to do something to keep myself entertained."

"You could have been married," Rose said under her breath.

"Rose, you know what Irina did to him," Emmett hissed. "Lay off!" They huddled together and I could hear them fighting. Rose was calling me a dead fish in bed, making Irina need to go to other men to get her jollies off. Emmett was whispering that I was his best friend and that what Irina did was wrong. Rolling my eyes, I checked on Jasper, Alice and Bella.

A/N: Alice's condo pictures on my tumblr and blog. Rose is a problem, as of now. Will she stay that way? I don't know.Leave me some!

Top of Page