Chapter Five

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who wants to make our beloved Twilightcharacters swear, drink, andgo at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Six

EPOV

"What did you do, Cullen? Scare her off?" Garrett laughed as he draped his arm over my shoulders. "She's cute in a lost, tragic pain sort of way."

"Not intentionally," I frowned. "And what would your wife think?"

"Eh," Garrett shrugged. "Come on. McCarty said that lunch is almost ready. Stop obsessing over your damsel in distress."

"Whatever, chief," I snorted. He patted my back and went inside. I was still flummoxed at Bella's quick departure. She seemed sweet and sexy at the store. When she dropped off the food, which shocked me, there was an anxiety about her, a nervous energy. Then, I asked her out to dinner, she looked almost panicked and flew away like a bat out of hell. Shrugging it off, I went inside and took off my bunker gear. I was sweating my balls off.

I took a quick shower, putting on another uniform before going to get some chow. Filling my bowl with chili and cheese and grabbing two pieces of cornbread, I sat down at the table. Emmett, my best friend in the house, plopped down next to me, with three bowls filled. Eyeing his lunch, I shook my head. "I'm so glad I'm not on your truck, McCarty. You are going to have a four alarm fire coming out of your ass," I laughed.

Emmett farted loudly. "Too late," he chuckled.

"Gross, Emmett," I deadpanned.

"Your girlfriend keeps calling here," he said, arching a brow. I groaned, throwing my head into my hands. "I thought you broke it off with her."

Scrubbing my face, I looked at Emmett. "Firstly, she's not my girlfriend. Secondly, I haven't broken it off because there's nothing to break off. We're just fucking around," I said, dunking the cornbread into the chili. "Tanya is well aware of myexpectations for our relationship. No strings attached. Just release. I'm not ready for any sort of relationship."

"When are you going to actually get back in the saddle again, Cullen?" Emmett asked.

"Eventually. Just not yet. I was engaged to be married, Emmett. Then, I find Irina in my bed fucking not one, not two, but THREE guys," I said. The vision was seared on my brain. I shuddered. "My engagement ring was still on her finger as she got plowed by two dicks while she had one in her mouth."

"I would have joined in," Garrett snorted from his spot on the couch. "She's got two hands."

"Again, what would your wife think?" I asked flatly. "How are you still married?"

"Kate knows that I'm a smart ass with a side of perv," Garrett shrugged. "It works for us."

"You keep telling yourself that, chief," Emmett laughed. "Look, Ed, I know that Irina hurt you." I gave him a glare. "Okay, hurt is a bit understating the facts. Tore out your heart and did a Mexican hat dance on your heart it is more accurate, but not all relationships suck."

"I know that. I'm just not quite ready. It's only been six months. Tanya is great for what I need, which is someone that I can bang to get my frustrations out," I said. Eating a couple of bites of the chili, I wrinkled my nose. "What is she saying when she calls here?"

"That she's looking for her boyfriend, Eddie," Emmett said, arching a brow.

"I hate it when she calls me Eddie," I grumbled. I scrubbed my face and walked over to the sink, cleaning my bowl. Everything was fine with Tanya. Or so I thought. Not anymore, Cullen. I stayed at her place last night, enjoying some amazing sex and two great blow jobs. Then, this morning, I went for a run to work off some physical energy and then came here. Tanya knew that I wasn't looking for a relationship. But what were her motives?

"I've got to make a phone call, Em," I sighed, walking to crew quarters. I had to get to the bottom of this. If she was trying to force me into a relationship, then I would have to break it off. I was not ready to have my heart hurt again. I slid onto my chair by my desk and found Tanya's number. Time to cut the reins.

A/N: And so we've heard from Edward. What did he think of Bella? Also, what do you think is going to happen when he tries to end things with Tanya? Pictures of Edward, Emmett, Garrett and Tanya, along with the firehouse are on my blog and tumblr. You can also find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation. Leave me some!

Top of Page