Chapter Eighty-Five

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Eighty-Five

BPOV

After our conversation about the baby situation and his adamant vow that he wasn't going anywhere, I couldn't stand being away from him. My soreness be damned, I wanted to feel him everywhere. We made love and I was slowly coming back to life, relishing in the sexual, sensual woman that he was awakening in me. His whispers of love and promises of staying with me forever, made my heart sing and for the first time in forever, I didn't feel hollow, broken and bereft.

The next morning, we checked out of the chateau and drove back toward Chicago. We stopped in Holland, Michigan for some lunch and in Michigan City, Indiana at the outlet mall for an early dinner. By the time Edward parked in my garage, it was eight hours since we left the chateau. Edward wanted to stay the night, but he was called into the firehouse for Tuesday's shift, covering for one of the guys who covered for Edward.

The next day, I went grocery shopping and went to Office Max to pick up some necessities for the grand opening on Friday. Alice swung by while I was filling up the supply closet. "Soooooo, how was your trip?" she sang, sitting down in my office chair.

"Amazing. Romantic. Perfect," I answered, giving her a smile. "How was yours?"

"Boring. Boring. And boring," she snorted. "Jasper worked. So, what's your plan for your opening on Friday? Champagne? Appetizers? Balloons? Streamers? Naked dancing men?"

"Probably some appetizers and sparkling cider. Nothing too big," I answered. "Naked dancing men?"

"What? I'm horny. My Jazzy and I haven't had any alone time in nearly two days," she pouted.

"Alice, it's not that big a deal," I sighed.

"Bella, you only have one grand opening," Alice stressed. "Let me plan something. You won't be disappointed. Oh, and I have your outfit, too." She held up a finger, dancing out of my office and returning a few moments later with a bag. "Very powerful but approachable."

"Alice," I chided.

"I'll see you on Friday and don't wear out my brother too much," she laughed, dancing out of the office. I rolled my eyes, finishing my stocking and then going back home.

The next few days flew by and before I knew it, I was standing in front of my mirror, wearing the outfit that Alice had given me. It was a pair of bright red pants with a sheer cream-colored blouse with black detailing. On top, I wore a black blazer and a pair of red earrings. Under the blouse, I had my pendant, which I touched in reminder of my strength that Edward was constantly reminding me that I had. He was in the shower, driving over to the office with me. Smoothing out my jacket, I walked downstairs, pouring myself a cup of coffee into a travel mug. I was too anxious to eat anything, but coffee seemed feasible.

Edward came down a few moments later, his hair still damp and looking like a supermodel in a pair of dark wash jeans and a white button-down shirt. I was idly stirring my coffee, trying to calm myself before we drove over to White Swan WebDesigns. "Bella, you will be awesome today," Edward said encouragingly.

"Alice is planning some big to-do," I grumbled.

"She only wants you to be successful. She had a huge grand opening, as well. It's what got her the name she has in Chicago fashion," Edward shrugged. "I know that you are well-known among web designers, but it doesn't help to have some free publicity. Speaking of which, you are hired as the photographer for the meat market calendar thing." He reached into his overnight bag, handing me a contract. "It needs to be signed and returned to Northwestern Memorial by no later than next Friday. You can give it to Jasper or my dad. They can drop it off."

"Would you still love me if I oiled you up?" I teased.

"For you, I'd do it in a heartbeat. For the rest of the world?" he grimaced, wrinkling his nose. "This is yours, Bella. Only yours."

"You're right," I smirked, pressing my hand to his chest. "Just like this is yours."

"Hmmm," he nodded appreciatively. "And I fully intend to enjoy it tonight after you get back from work, baby." He kissed me deeply, smacking my ass. "Now, you don't want to be late for your first day of work, love." I scowled at him, earning a booming laugh.

Together, we got into my car and drove to my new office, parking in the back. I turned on all of the lights, shocked at the transformation. Alice had tastefully bedecked it in decorations matching my outfit and had a large poster of my 'signature' framed in the reception area. Alice popped out of the kitchen, carrying a tray of breakfast quiches. On the table, there were bottles of champagne and orange juice, all of the strappings for mimosas. "Wow, Alice. This looks great!" I breathed.

"Oh, ye of little faith," she quipped. "Edward, hang this strand of lights up above the sign." She handed him a strand of twinkle lights. "Make it pretty, Edward!" She teetered over to me, taking my hands. "What time are your employees coming?"

"Any moment now and the opening starts in an hour," I replied.

"Is this enough food?" she asked

"Should be," I nodded. As we were talking, my employees began filtering in. I pointed them to their assigned desks and we went over the paperwork for payroll, taxes and everything in between. Once that was done, I unlocked the door and let in the gathering crowd of people who were invited and some that were not, like a reporter from the Times and an online reporter from the Tribune. The grand opening went off without a hitch and the buzz surrounding my new business venture was palpable.

"Bella, love, I hate to do this," Edward frowned. "I just got called into work. Emmett, too."

"There's a high rise fire six blocks from here. They need as many people as they can get," Emmett explained.

"Go! Be safe," I said to both of them. "Thank you for being here..."

"You're welcome, Bella," Emmett replied, hugging me tightly. "Don't forget. I have an appointment with you next week."

"Got it, Em," I smiled.

Edward frowned slightly, his guilt apparent. "I'm so sorry, Bella. If I wasn't needed..."

"Edward, it's fine. I appreciate you being here and supporting me," I said, wrapping my arms around his neck. "I love you and come back to me. Got it?"

"I love you more, Bella." He kissed deeply before running out of the office.

"Hey, Bella? Have you seen Victoria?" Alice asked, breaking me from my reverie. "She said she'd be here, but she's not."

A/N: What do you think happened? Pictures of the new office are on my blogs and tumblr. Links for both are on my profile. Leave me some!