Chapter Twelve

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Twelve

BPOV

Somehow, by the grace of God, Alice didn't ask me more about my past. Or at least my reason for leaving Jacksonville. I did tell her about my schooling and what I did for a living. I pulled out my tablet, showing her some examples of my work before we were approached by the manager, pointing to the rules. No cell phones. I guess that pertains to tablets, too. I slipped it back into my bag as Alice was asking for our bill.

"I'm hungry and I need something to eat," she slurred. "I want to see more of those sites, Bella." She signed her name on a credit slip. "Come on, I know this great Italian place called Carmine's. I'm dying for some calamari."

"Okay," I said, "but dinner's on me since you paid for the drinks."

"Deal," Alice replied, walking out of the bar and hailing a cab expertly. We clambered inside and she gave the address of the restaurant. Fifteen minutes later, we were seated in a booth with a bottle of wine corked and a veritable array of appetizers ordered. "So...I want to improve my website, Bella. I've got a Facebook page and a website, hoping to encourage online sales, but sadly it's not as lucrative as I'd hoped. The online sales are barely covering the cost of the website."

"This may sound stupid, but have you put out ads online?" I asked.

"Not really. I've put ads in every single local magazine and newspaper," Alice replied. "I've got a ton of customers in the store that way, but I would like to expand to realm of the World Wide Web."

"What's your address?" I asked, pulling out my tablet. She gives me the URL and I pull up her site. It's pretty basic with nothing standing out. "Alice, I can definitely improve on this. You've got amazing clothing and a great store, but your website does not reflect that."

"You'd do that?" Alice asked.

"Yeah. I'd have to come up with some ideas, but I'd love to help you out," I smiled. "We can meet up tomorrow and go over what you want on the site and give me administrative access to the site to make our proposed changes."

"That's so fucking awesome!" she breathed. "My assistant is running the store for me. I'm available all day. We could meet for breakfast?"

"You could come over to my house and I can make the changes in my office," I said. "Want to shoot for ten?"

"Perfect! I'll bring the breakfast nosh!" Alice said, rubbing her flat tummy. We spent the rest of the time talking about her boyfriend and family. She had some evil things to say about her brother's ex-fiancée. She had cheated on him with three guys in his bed. Alice kept referring to her as Voldemort, saying that she was the she-beast from hell, breaking her brother's heart.She managed to polish off the entire bottle of wine, save for the glass that I was sipping. She also ordered something called limoncello, downing two shots of that. She was lit by the time I paid for our meal. I helped her into the cab, riding with her to her condo.

"Fuck," she grumbled.

"What?" I asked.

"I left my keys at work," she pouted. "My work keys and my house keys. Damn it. I guess I'll have to call my brother to let me in." She leaned her head on my shoulder. "I had fun tonight, Bella. I don't have many girlfriends and I think that we're going to be really close."

"Me, too, Alice," I said, leaning my head against hers. A short cab ride later, Alice stumbles out and thrusts a twenty into my hand. "Will you be alright? I can help you..."

"I'm good. See you tomorrow, Bella," she said, hiccupping as she shut the door. I whipped out my phone, texting her to call me when she got settled. I doubted she got it, but at least I tried. I gave the cabbie my address and I was surprised at how close I was to Alice's condo. I paid my cab fare, walking up the stairs to the front door. Once inside, I slipped off my own ankle busters and walked to the kitchen, opening a bottle of water and downing a few ibuprofen to prevent any hangovers I may have. Taking off my clothes, I went downstairs to do some work for Alice's web design, create a mockup. Just as I was getting ready to go to bed, I decided to check my email. One unread message from an unknown sender.

To: Isabella Swan

From: *PRIVATE*

Re: ???

Where are you? We have unfinished business...

A/N: A clue...who do you think sent the email? Leave me a guess! And some loving!

Top of Page