Chapter Twenty-One

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Twenty-One

BPOV

I woke up and I felt like I had been run over by a Mack truck. My head was pounding, body aching and I was feeling all out of sorts. Looking around the room I was in, I didn't recognize it. I also felt a heaviness over my middle. Glancing down, I saw a muscular forearm, holding me close. Turning my head, I saw Edward behind me, snoring quietly.

Panic set in quickly.

What happened?

Why am I in bed with the sexy fireman?

Gulping, I remembered what happened. The nightmare of my past and the cruel reminder with that phone call. It all came tumbling back. Ripping his arm away, I ran out of the room, in search of a bathroom. Thankfully, there was one just across the hall. Slamming the door, I fell to the ground and threw up everything until I couldn't throw up anymore. Tears were mixed in with the vomit. I fell back on my ass, leaning against the bathtub, trying to keep my sobs quiet, but I knew I was failing. Edward had slipped into the bathroom, holding a bottle of water. He gracefully sat down on the ground, holding it out for me. "Thanks," I croaked, wiping my face and trying to calm down.

"What do you remember from last night?" he asked, his eyes filled with concern.

"Everything, unfortunately," I said, sipping the water to soothe my burning throat. "I'll understand if you don't want to hang out with crazy. I'll get my shit and you won't hear from me again." I tried to get up, but I was weak.

"Bella, no," Edward said as he reached for my hand. His large warm hand wrapped around mine and my stammering heart calmed. "Obviously something happened and it is still bothering you."

"Forever it will bother me," I muttered, staring at the pattern on the rug on the floor. Tears fell down my cheeks and I hastily wiped them away.

"Not if you have help, Bella," Edward murmured, moving so he could sit next to me. He let go of my hand and wrapped his arm around my shoulders. I jumped when I felt him, but then the same calming effect fell over me. Tentatively, I leaned my head on his shoulder, remembering how calm he was when I was having my freak out. Maneuvering slightly, I pressed my ear against his chest. The steady thrum of his heart relaxed me further. "What happened?" he asked.

"I should tell Alice, too," I said, my voice cracking. "She saw me in full zombie mode. It's only fair."

"Well, Alice is up. Jasper is awake, too. Emmett, though, is dealing with some drama at his apartment. Apparently Rosalie andIrina decided to have a little too much fun with the bleach. Everything is ruined," Edward grimaced.

"Wow...the next thing you know, she'll be boiling bunnies," I shuddered.

"I wouldn't put it past her. She was pissed when Emmett chose me over her," Edward said, his arm sliding down my side to rest on my waist. I looked up at him, confused. "You were on the phone. Rosalie had a bitch fit because she accused you of flirting with me. I challenged her, reminding her that I was single and not with her best friend, Irina, because she cheated on me in the worst way."

"What happened?" I asked. "Never mind. You don't have to tell me." And I kind of already knew...I think?

"No, I do. I came home from a shift and I heard some moaning. I thought that Irina was watching porn. She was a bit of a freak like that and instead, she was recreating porn. In our bedroom, in my condo, she was getting fucked by three guys. Three! To make matters worse, we were engaged to be married. She still had on the ring as she was being double penetrated and sucking the third guy off. I turned around, came down here and slept in the guest room until Irina left for work. I calmly packed up her shit in plastic garbage bags, dumping them on the street and changed the locks, along with my phone number. She was pissed and went straight to Rosalie, who had set us up in the first place."

"Wow," I breathed. Alice had really glossed over Edward's story. I felt for the poor guy.

"Yep. It's only fair that I share my sordid story," he chuckled, holding me closer to his body. "Now, do want to freshen up?"

"I would kill for a toothbrush," I said, my face heating up. Edward gave me a crooked smile before getting up and grabbing one from the medicine cabinet. He handed it to me and left me in the bathroom. Heaving my body off the ground, I quickly brushed my teeth and steeled myself for telling my story. My own personal nightmare.

A/N: Up next will be Bella's story. She needs to share it to explain her reaction to her mother's phone call. It will be a longer chapter. There will be some descriptions of violence that some readers may find disturbing. So, yeah...leave me some. Reviews are better than being held by a sexy Fireward. Okay, not really, but they do make me happy!

Top of Page