Chapter Forty-One

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Forty-One

BPOV

Dinner was amazing but the conversation with Edward was even better. He was smart, well-spoken and funny. From his looks, he'd appear to be a brooding, moody man but he had this dry wit that made me laugh more times than not. He was also snarky and sarcastic, matching my demeanor well. We talked about his family, Alice's shop, my business and my search for a new car. I wanted another SUV, but I couldn't even rationalize having a car that cost nearly a hundred bucks to fill up. The gas prices up here were ridiculously expensive. It made want to buy one of those little mini Smart cars.

We finished our meal and sipped some coffee, debating on getting dessert. "All of this looks great, but I think you've spoiled me for life with your amazing baking," Edward said, wrinkling his nose.

"I do have some cheesecake back at my house," I giggled.

"Cheesecake?" he asked, his brows shooting to his hairline. My giggles increased at his reaction. "What kind of cheesecake?"

"White chocolate raspberry," I smirked. "I was experimenting last night when I was having a bout of insomnia. It turned out pretty good."

"Ooooh, after our date, can we go back to your place and have some cheesecake?" he asked, almost bouncing in his seat.

"You really have a sweet tooth," I remarked.

"You have no idea," Edward beamed, waving down our waiter. He asked for our check, sliding his credit card to the waiter. "I was quite the portly kid when I was younger. When I went to high school and started playing football, I lost all of my baby fat, plus I was able to eat whatever the hell I wanted. I definitely found my love for working out and able to keep eating all of those goodies." The waiter brought back Edward's card and the receipt. He added the tip, signing it with a flourish. "Now, do you want to walk to our next location or take a cab?"

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Sears Tower," he answered.

"Oh, the Willis Tower," I smiled. Edward gave me a pointed look. "What? It's been renamed."

"Don't get me started," he muttered. "It was a travesty that they renamed it. It's been the Sears Tower for as long as I can remember. It's crap that the douche who bought it renamed it."

"Such fire over a building, Mr. Cullen," I laughed.

"I don't handle change well," he shrugged. "So? Walk or cab?"

"How far is it from here?"

"About two miles," Edward shrugged.

"Hmmm, since it's hot out. Let's cab it," I said, wrinkling my nose. He nodded, threading his fingers with mine and leading usout to the curb. He hailed a cab, helping me into the backseat. He gave the driver the address and ten minutes later, we pulled up to the Willis Tower. Edward was scowling at the sign. "Come on Mr. Grumperson. It's just a name."

"It's sacrilege," he grumbled, tossing the cabbie his fare.

"Regardless of its name, we're still going up, right?" I asked.

"Yep. I hope you have a camera," Edward said, leading me to the visitor's center. "The city is beautiful as it becomes twilight and you see all of the twinkling lights."

"I should have brought my beastly camera, taking some panoramic shots," I said. "But, that would be a huge bag and it doesn't match my outfit. Alice would not approve."

"What kind of camera do you have? The beastly one?" Edward asked, paying the fee to go up to the observatory. We waited in line for the elevator and shuffled on board when it arrived.

"I have a couple. For weddings and such, I use my Nikon D800. I also use that for professional shoots and whatnot. For my artistic stuff, I have a Nikon D300S and a D3300. My point and shoot is a Nikon CoolPix," I said, reaching into my purse and handing him my small camera.

"Nikon girl," Edward chuckled, turning on the camera and pulling me into his arms. We were one of two couples in the car. Hischin was on my shoulder. "Smile pretty." I laughed as he clicked a selfie of us. His lips were on my temple. Flipping the camera, he pulled me flush to his body, looking at the photo. "Hmmm, that is a gorgeous couple."

"You're obviously quite humble, Mr. Cullen," I snorted, poking him in the stomach. He laughed. The doors opened and we walked out. Due to its late hour, the observatory was not as crowded. Edward kept his arm around my waist. The warmth of his hand spread through the thin fabric of my dress. I liked it. A lot. I was also in awe of how beautiful the city looked. "Wow..." I plucked the camera from his hand and began snapping photos. "This is amazing..."

"Imagine it in daylight," Edward said as he stood behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. We were standing on one of the clear windows that hung over the edge of the building. Edward's body was warm against me, his lips were pressed to my hair. "This is nice, but being here with you? That's what's amazing. Thank you for saying yes, Bella."

I turned in his arms, my fingers finding his hair. "Thank you for being understanding," I murmured. His arms tightened around me and his eyes darkened. Leaning down, his lips gently caressed mine. My stomach erupted in butterflies, itching to get out. His kisses were soft and tender, unlike what I experienced with James, who just took. Edward's hands moved up and they slid along the bare skin of my back. I shuddered, stepping closer to him. His fingers tangled into my loose curls, angling my head slightly so he could deepen the kiss. I opened my mouth, allowing his tongue to glide between my lips. We kissed for a few moments until I pulled back, panting slightly. Damn that need to breathe. "Hmmmm."

"I've rendered you speechless?" Edward quipped, his fingers lightly running along my spine. I nodded. His lips found my forehead and he kept tickling my back. Tipping my chin back, he stared into my eyes. "There are moments when I'm speechless around you, too, Miss Swan. Where your beauty and strength floor me." His thumb idly traced the apple of my cheek. "Like now..." His mouth covered mine and we lost each other in another sweet, tender embrace.

A/N: Pictures of the Sears Tower (Willis Tower, pffft...I think not. I'm with Edward on this one. Sacrilege, I tell you!) and Bella's cameras are on my tumblr and blog. Links for both of those are on my profile. If you can't find them, type in 'Caught in the Flames' in the search bar and only the posts with that tag (which I'm meticulous on doing) will pop up. You can also find me on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation or on twitter: tufano79. Up next will be the rest of their date, the horse-drawn carriage and going back to Bella's place. What will happen there?

Top of Page