Chapter Forty-Two

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Forty-Two

BPOV

Edward and I wandered around the top of the Willis Tower for nearly an hour. I took a lot of photos of both the skyline and of the two of us, with the help of some very helpful tourists. Edward led us back down and parked outside of the building was a beautiful horse-drawn carriage. "Wow," I breathed.

"We are having a private tour, Miss Swan," he said, helping me into the back of the carriage. He handed the driver a slip, who nodded and once we got settled started our journey. Edward's fingers were twined with mine and he pointed out several things as we rode past them. I took photos with my little camera. Edward also used his long monkey arms to take photos of the two of us. In each photo, his lips were on my skin or my hair or my mouth. He obviously loved kissing me. I know I loved kissinghim. His tenderness made me feel like a princess and his soft-spoken demeanor made me trust him, probably more than I should at this point.

Our carriage ride was over an hour and we stopped outside of Grant Park, near Buckingham Fountain. Edward gave our driver a tip and he pulled away. I was taking photos of the beautiful lights of Buckingham Fountain and smiling giddily. "This is awesome, Edward. You should have told me to bring my good camera," I laughed.

"We can come back, sweet girl," Edward chuckled. "Remember, you live here."

"Right," I said, bumping my hip against his. "I had forgotten." He pressed a kiss to my temple as I continued to take pictures. I put my camera away, sitting down on the edge of the fountain. Edward sat down next to me. "This was an amazing first date, Edward." I flicked the water under my fingertips.

"Technically, it's our second date," he quipped, tossing a few pennies into the fountain. "Our first date was after Whispers."

"Potato, potahto," I sang. "Regardless, tonight was...thank you. Thank you for getting me back out into the real world."

"I didn't do anything. I just picked you up," he replied.

"No, you've done more than you realized, Edward. With you and Alice, both of you made reevaluate what I was doing and how I was living my life," I murmured. "I was terrified of...of everything, Edward. Every sound, every email, every phone call...it all sent me into a panic. Coupled that with the notification that my grandmother died. The one person who had my back was gone without anyone knowing and I was sent into a tailspin. I am grateful for Alice and her patience."

"Alice? Patient? Are we talking about the same person?" Edward joked.

"Yes and she has been very patient with me," I smiled. "She could have just walked away after I cut off all communication with you, since she is your sister. But, she didn't. She helped me more than you can imagine. I am also grateful for your willingness to give me another chance. Most guys would see me as damaged goods, turn and walk away. Hell, I see me as damagedgoods but I'm working on that." I stared at the fountain, the white noise of the water soothing and calming.

"Bella, you are not damaged," Edward said, moving closer to me. "I've said this time and time again; you are so strong. I'm with you, baby, for as long as you'll have me. I don't want to give up your sweets."

I snorted out a laugh. "Always thinking with your stomach."

"I'm like a lost puppy dog. You feed me one morsel and I'm attached at the hip," Edward snickered. "Now, I know that I want this. I want us. I don't want anyone else, Bella. I never felt this way about my ex-fiancée. Not even a fraction."

"Is this your convoluted way of asking me to be your girlfriend?" I teased.

"Kind of, yeah," he shrugged. "Would you?"

"I'd like that a lot," I murmured. "Can we...go slow? In regards to the physical stuff?"

"Bella, baby, you're in charge," Edward said, cupping my face. "I can't even fathom what you must be feeling."

"I just need to get used to soft caresses and not harsh blows," I said bitterly.

"I would never hurt you, Bella," Edward said softly, his thumbs moving along my jaw. "I want to kill James for what he did to you and your mother? Don't get me started."

"How she is related to the sweetest woman in the world, my Grams, is beyond me," I deadpanned. "I think she smoked too much weed or got tangled with the wrong crowd? I don't know. Regardless, she's not here. You are. We are."

"Damn right," Edward said, leaning forward and gently kissing me. With every touch I felt from him, I just melted. My body lost its rigid stature and I wanted to get as close as possible to him. Pulling back, Edward stared into my eyes. "Just for clarification, because I don't want to jump to conclusions. You're my girlfriend, right?"

"Yes," I laughed.

"And I'm your boyfriend," he beamed goofily. I nodded. "Well, your boyfriend desperately wants some cheesecake."

"God, Cullen, you are a bottomless pit!" I laughed.

"So?" he quipped, tugging on my hand so we could catch a cab back to my place. "Wasn't your Grams Italian? Food is love and all that shit?"

"Yeah," I replied.

"Well, obviously you're baking for me because you love me. You just don't know it yet," Edward smirked, flagging down a cab. The funny thing was, he was right.

A/N: Up next will be the conclusion of their date, possibly some making out??? Pictures of the horse-drawn carriage and Buckingham Fountain are on my blog. Leave me some!

Top of Page