Chapter Forty-Four

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Forty-Four

BPOV

On Saturday, I went car shopping with Alice. I still couldn't decide on what I wanted to get. I loved the security of a SUV but the cost of a smaller, more fuel efficient car seemed more reasonable. Alice was the little devil in my ear, trying to convince me thatI needed something fun and sporty and expensive. So, we went to a nearby luxury dealership, looking at various sports cars and sporty sedans. But, I was drawn to the beastly behemoths of the SUVS.

"So, are you going to make me wait all day or are you going to spill about your date with my twitterpated brother?" she shuckled, looking at a Porsche 911 Turbo.

"It was amazing," I replied, wandering around the showroom, literally smacking off sales people. I was looking. What part do they not understand? If I saw something I liked, I'd find someone. "He took me this Italian restaurant, Spiaggia."

"Ooooh, that place is good. Jasper's taken me there a couple of times. In fact, I was the one who suggested it for my parent's anniversary party," Alice said proudly. "What did you eat?"

"Linguine and clam sauce, which was delicious. Edward had some fish dish that was equally as good," I chuckled, eyeing a Range Rover. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw how expensive it was, but I remembered the amount of money I had in my bank account. "Afterward, we went to the Sears/Willis Tower to explore the observatory. Edward and I took some great photos." I showed Alice some of the photos that I had uploaded to my phone.

"You guys are such a beautiful couple!" Alice cooed. "These photos are amazing, Bella."

"Thank you," I blushed, tucking my phone back into my purse. "After that, we went on a carriage ride, ending at Buckingham Fountain. It was a wonderful date and for the first time in what seems like forever, I'm content and happy."

"I also hear that you're joining us for dinner tomorrow?" she said, waggling her brows.

I nodded, getting into the Range Rover I was looking at. Alice got into the passenger seat. "Is that a big deal? I mean, I'mmeeting your parents. You know?"

"It is a big deal. Huge, really. Edward didn't bring Irina until they were almost engaged, if that explains it," Alice said, running her hand along the dashboard of the car. "This is nice." She inhaled deeply. "I love that new car smell."

"Random," I snickered.

"Duh," she sang. "So, is it safe to assume that you and Edward are official?"

"You are a dork, but yes. We are," I replied, hopping out of the car and walking over to one of the sales people. He grinned, giving me the once over. Putting on the bitch face, I pointed the car. "I want that one."

"Of course," he purred. "Perhaps we could go out afterward to celebrate your new car?"

"No. I want the car and not to be hit on. Do I need to find someone else? I'm certain that guy over there with the pink shoes would love the commission," I said, starting to walk to the other sales guy.

"Wait! I'm sorry," he said. "Which one did you want?" I smirked, walking to the guy I pointed to. The sales guy looked defeated as I completed the transaction with a very gay, but adorable sales person named Felix. I ordered it in silver with all of the bells and whistles. I used my credit card to put down the deposit. The remainder of the amount would be paid once I took ownership in about a week. Alice was in stitches as I signed the paperwork. The original sales guy was pouting and giving Felix the death glare.

"Is this how you were before you met James?" Alice asked.

"Pretty much, yeah. I was a sarcastic bitch," I chuckled. "I had to be tough as nails because of my mother. I lost that edge when James decided to use me as his punching bag."

"Edward mentioned that you think that James torched your garage?"

"I don't know. James wouldn't want to get his hands dirty with shit like that. Would he send someone? I wouldn't doubt it," I said, shrugging slightly. "I know that my garage fire wasn't a random act of violence, that's for sure. It was deliberate."

Felix came back with the order slip for my car. He said that it would be ready in a week. I thanked him, shaking his hand and walking out of the dealership with Alice. "Do you have something to wear for tomorrow?" Alice asked.

"Clothes," I responded, arching my brow as I clambered into her Cayenne.

"Nonsense!" Alice giggled. "Let's get you something new from my shop!"

"Alice, I just spent nearly ninety thousand dollars on a car," I deadpanned.

"What's a few hundred more?" she quipped.

A/N: Okay, now the next chapter will be dinner at the Cullens. Alice wanted to hear about the date and she did. Kind of. O.o. Picture of Bella's new Range Rover Sport is on my blog and tumblr. Links for both of those are on my profile. Leave me some!

Top of Page