Chapter One Hundred Thirty-Five

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

Chapter 135

BPOV

After dropping off my bags at my home, I got into my car and drove to the sleek medical building opposite from Northwestern Memorial. I parked my car next to Alice's and found Dr. Popper's office on the third floor. Alice was waiting for me, holding a clipboard and an excited grin. I checked in with the nurse, gathering the clipboard from Alice and filling it out. Once I was finished, I handed the paperwork and my insurance card to the receptionist. I sat back down, putting my insurance card into my wallet.

"Do you think you're having a boy or a girl?" Alice asked, her eyes narrowed.

"I'll be happy as long as the baby's healthy," I answered, massaging my stomach. "I don't know what I'd do if ..."

"Don't even think it, Bella," Alice chided gently. "You will have a perfect baby. I know it."

"I hope so," I whispered.

"Isabella Swan?" called the nurse. I got up, giving Alice a shaky grin before walking to the open door. I was led to an examination room, stopping at a scale to get my weight. After a brief interview, the nurse handed me a cup. I went to the bathroom, filling the cup with my pee. When I was done, I went back into the examination room and stripped my clothes off, putting on the flimsy paper gown she had left behind.

I sat on the table, kicking my feet randomly. I twisted my engagement ring anxiously, waiting for the doctor. She breezed in a few moments later. Dr. Antoinette Popper was an older woman with a chic bob and kind hazel eyes. "Isabella?"

"Just Bella," I answered.

"Nice to meet you, just Bella. I'm Dr. Popper," she smiled, shaking my hand. "I hear congratulations are in order."

"Thank you," I blushed. "So, I'm really pregnant?"

"Yes, you are. I went over your history and you've clearly defied the odds," Dr. Popper said quietly, reading over my chart. "The injuries you sustained when you lost your first baby ..."

"I know," I frowned, a few tears brimming in my eyes. "I just want to know if I'll be able to carry this baby to term. I can't lost this one. I can't."

"Well, let me do an internal and we'll do an ultrasound, giving you a due date," she said, getting up from her stool. She washed her hands and set up the stirrups. Once she donned a pair of latex gloves, she gave me a pelvic exam, taking note of my scarring and previous trauma from James. With the exam, I was crying softly. I wanted Edward with me. He should be here for the first appointment. He should see his baby. "Okay, Bella. I'm going to step out to get the ultrasound machine. From what I'm feeling, the baby may be a little too small to be seen with a standard test. I'll have to do an internal ultrasound. Okay?"

"Okay," I nodded. She smiled warmly, covering my body and stepping out of the room. She came back a few moments later. Dr. Popper explained what she was doing before setting up the screen next to me. "Will I be able to see the baby?"

"You will. I promise," Dr. Popper said, pulling my legs back up into the stirrups. She slid the transducer inside of me and maneuvered it. "And there's your baby. See that black and gray blob with the fluttering in the center?"

"That's him?" I breathed.

"Or her," Dr. Popper snickered. "But, yes. Listen ..." She flipped a switch and a quick-paced whoosh-whoosh filled the room. "That's your baby's heart beat."