Chapter Thirty-Three

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Thirty-Three

BPOV

Edward drove us to Frontera Grill. Parking nearby, we walked to the restaurant and were immediately seated. He ordered a beer while I stuck with water. In addition to seeing Pam, I'd been prescribed anti-depressants and anti-anxiety pills by my psychiatrist, Dr. Nyma. Alcohol didn't mix well with my medications. Once we ordered our food, Edward blushed. "I want to apologize for Emmett," he muttered. "He was a bit cold towards you."

"Yeah," I said, sipping my water. "I don't blame him, though. I kind of fell off the face of the planet."

"Regardless, his behavior was unprofessional on a call. Regardless of our personal relationship, it's our job to put out the fire, not chastise the homeowner. It was your prerogative to not call me. He's just struggling with everything that happened between he and Rose. It's messy, honestly and Emmett is against all women," Edward said. "He isn't mad at you. He's mad at women. Make sense?"

"I get it," I chuckled. "In his eyes, I hurt you and because I have a set of boobs, I'm the enemy."

"I ripped him a new one once we got back to the station. He felt badly for acting like a douche, but it will probably be awhile before he warms up to you," Edward admitted quietly. "He's been staying with me since his landlord evicted him. He saw how I was broken up about your lack of communication."

"And yet you're here," I said, arching a brow. "Either you're a masochist or you really like me."

"It's definitely the latter. I can't stop thinking about you and knowing that James got close, supposedly, to light a fire in your garage, it scares me," he said, reaching across the table and picking up my hand. "Maybe it is my weird superhero complex, but the idea of you being hurt makes me sick."

"Enough about this. I want to move forward and so do you, right?" I asked.

"I do, Bella. Very much," he said, kissing my knuckles. I closed my eyes, shuddering slightly at the feeling of his lips on my hand. "Now, what did the police say regarding your garage?"

"I gave them a list of names of people who could do this. It was weird, giving my mother's name as possible suspect," I said. "I also got a restraining order against James. I already had one from down in Florida, but I worked with the cops and Jenks, my attorney, to add Illinois up to it. I just don't know what to do. I don't want to hide in my home anymore. I want to live my life."

"I don't blame you," Edward said, smiling crookedly.

"How is Emmett as a roommate?" I asked.

"Messy," Edward replied, wrinkling his nose. "I love the guy, consider him to be a brother, but would it kill him to not leave his socks in the middle of the living room. Oh, and he also hates wearing clothes. I've seen Emmett's dick more times than I care to admit."

"Wow," I snorted.

"How are things going for you? Well, besides the garage?" Edward chuckled.

"Work's great. Alice's new website is now live and already she's doubled her profits," I said. "It was my pet project while I was trying on not losing my mind. Alice tried to pay me, but I wouldn't accept anything, really. Then, I get this box delivered to my door with all of the new fall pieces from her collection. Apparently, she's paying me in clothes."

"That's Alice for you," Edward replied, sipping his beer. "My sister has a heart of gold and loves her friends fiercely."

"I love her, too. She's helped a lot. She's actually come to a few of my therapy sessions and was there when I met with my psychiatrist," I blushed. "I'm very blessed to have her in my life and blessed that she didn't smack me stupid when I stopped talking to you."

"Alice has a weird sixth sense about her family," Edward explained as our meals were delivered. "She knew that we were meant to be, but that you needed time."

"Alice told you that?" I questioned.

"I knew that you were still talking to her. We spoke briefly about you, but Alice never really said much. She didn't want to betray your confidence. She only told me that you were still working on her site and hanging out. Nothing about going to therapy with you or whatnot," Edward said.

We ate in relative quiet, mentioning how good the food was. He did tell me about Seth's little girl, Alanna and the quickwedding to Claire at the courthouse a couple weeks after she was born. I just listened and slowly ate my meal. We wrapped our dinners. Edward paid the bill, much to my chagrin. I had invited him out, but he said that this was a date and the guy should pay. However, we were both yawning, the exhaustion of our crazy day catching up. After his fifth yawn, he chuckled. "I'm sorry, sweet girl."

"I'm with you," I giggled. "I should go home and go to bed. I just don't want this to end."

"Me neither," he smiled. We walked back to his car, hand in hand. "Would you like to come back to my place for some dessert?"

"Tempting," I said, arching a brow. "I was going to offer you the same since I made my rocky road cookies."

"Oooh, can I come over?" he asked, his brows waggling.

"Good lord, the way to your heart is through your stomach," I laughed, poking his belly. "Come on. I'll make us some coffee and you can enjoy my cookies." He smiled widely, hugging me to his body and kissing my cheek.

A/N: Up next will be the rest of their date. Will they kiss? Let me know what you think!

Top of Page