Chapter Thirty-Two

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Thirty-Two

BPOV

"Why does that scare you?" Edward asked.

"After I got out of the hospital, I made a vow to myself that I wouldn't get involved with another guy. The idea of being hurt as badly as I was before made me sick. If I led a quiet, celibate existence, I'd be safer," I whispered. "Then, I met your sister and you. Alice, I love her to pieces. She makes me laugh."

"What about me?"

"You make me feel whole. The emptiness inside goes away and I just want to crawl in your arms, never to leave," I blushed. "I was close to moving again. Selling my grandmother's home and never coming back. I couldn't though because I owed it to myself, to you and Alice, to stay. I can't keep running from my problems." I sighed, leaning back against the chair. "I know that you're pissed off at me and you have every right to be. I just had to get my head on straight."

"I understand what you needed to do, I just wish you could have talked to me before..." Edward frowned.

"You're right, but I wasn't exactly in the right frame of mind," I said. "Keep in mind that I've never had anyone care for me like you and your sister. My Grams was amazing, but I only saw her briefly. She didn't get along with her own daughter, but Grams loved me enough to spend time with me. Her life was up here while my mom felt the need to drag her daughter all over the continental United States."

"Why didn't your Grams sue for custody?" Edward asked.

"She tried, but the social worker didn't seen anything wrong with our apartment or Renee's behavior," I snorted humorlessly. "The sad thing was that I managed to clean the house and it was my paycheck as a fourteen year old that was paying our rent." I looked back up at him. "I hated being away from you and everyone. I just felt like I was draining you."

"Bella, we want you to be happy. I know I do. That day, I had the most amazing time with you," he smiled. "I wanted to take you out again...like a date..."

"If you had asked me, I would have said no or freaked out like when I dropped off the groceries," I said, hating my fucked up mind. "I also know that time has passed. I know that you probably don't want to deal..."

"The thing is that I do. I haven't stopped thinking about you, Bella. Alice teases me and says that it's my superhero complex. Emmett thinks I'm horny," he quipped. "I'm not going to lie and say that everything is hunky dory between us. It's not."

"Did you just say hunky dory?" I asked.

"Shut it. I barely had enough time to go home and shower before coming here. I'm working on next to no sleep," he said, smirking at me. "Based on the circles under your eyes, I'm guessing you're experiencing the same exhaustion."

"I am, but I had to talk to you. Seeing you last night...I missed you," I whispered, picking at the wrap around my cup.

"I missed you, too," Edward whispered back, taking my hand in his. "I was freaking out every time the ambulance went on a run; that it was you...that you couldn't handle..."

"Suicide?" I asked. Edward blushed and nodded. "I thought about it. I almost tried it, but I didn't want to give up. I had to prove to James, to myself, that I was stronger than that. My suicidal thoughts happened right after my Grams left and I was alone in my shithole apartment. Work kept me focused. It still does." Edward kept his hand in mine, caressing my knuckles. With each innocent brush of his thumb, I bit back shudders. "I want to...to open my heart again, Edward. You showed me so much kindness. If you don't, I'll maintain my distance, but I wanted to try. I wanted to..."

"I want to, too," he murmured. "Slowly, right?"

"Yeah. I'm so sorry," I sniffled. "So sorry. I didn't want to..."

"But you had to," Edward finished for me, wiping an errant tear from my cheek. "I would rather be with you, smiling and happy. I never want you to cry or feel pain again." I chuckled sadly, nodding against his warm palm. "Have you eaten today?"

"Some granola and this cup of coffee," I answered. "I was too busy dealing with the cops, insurance adjusters and contractors."

"Do you want to go out for dinner?" he asked, standing up and taking my hand. I smirked. "No time like the present, sweet girl. I want to take you out. On a date. For dinner. Will you join me, Miss Swan?"

"That sounds really good," I beamed. Standing up, I tossed my coffee into the garbage, walking with Edward to his car. See Grams, I'm finally doing what you said. Living for today...ain't he cute?

A/N: Up next will be the rest of their date. Leave me some!

Top of Page