Chapter Sixty-Nine

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Sixty-Nine

EPOV

By mid-afternoon, Bella's backyard was filled with some of my coworkers, my mom and a few of Bella's neighbors. Emmett was at the grill, dancing to the music playing on Bella's sound dock. I could see my mom fuss over Bella, excited that I had such a wonderful girlfriend. Hell, I was excited. She was everything I had ever hoped for, wished for in my life. Someone smart, funny, sarcastic and snarky. Not to mention beautiful inside and out.

I did truly love her. More than anyone else on this world. I knew that she was scared of saying it back, but she showed me how much she loved me with her actions. I wanted to hear her say those three little words, but I couldn't push her. I couldn't force her to say something she wasn't ready to say. Her fear was her guiding force. I hated that James and her mother implanted this fear inside of her, causing her flame inside to flicker and burn out. It was slowly gaining its power, but she was still hesitant to trust.

That would take time.

"Edward, can you grab me a clean plate?" Emmett bellowed. I gave him a thumbs up, walking inside of the brownstone to pick up the platter for the meat that Bella had set aside. Carrying it out to the patio, I handed it to Emmett. "Thanks."

"No prob. Do you want something to drink?" I asked.

"A fresh brew," Emmett said, handing me his empty bottle of Blue Moon. I swiped it, tossing it into the recycling bin and grabbing two more beers. Opening them both, I handed one to my best friend. He took a long pull. "Just what the doctor ordered."

"Everything okay?" I questioned.

"Fine, I guess. I'm happy in my new place, but Rose is trying to get ahold of me," Emmett grumbled. "She says she wants to talk. But, I don't. That girl, like Irina, is poison."

"It may be important, Em. Rose may be poisonous, but it must be a big deal if she's trying to get in touch," I shrugged.

"In her emails and texts, it is big. My fear is that she's pregnant," Emmett deadpanned. "I always wrapped it up with her. I love kids. I am not ready to be a daddy, but she would be that type of girl, trying ensnare me into parenthood."

"Call her," I said. "Find out. I don't like seeing you this stressed, Em. Hopefully it's nothing." I took the spatula from his hand and pushed him away from the grill. He sighed, pulling out his phone and dialing Rosalie. Bella came over to the grill, concerned when the 'grill master' took a break. I told her about how Rosalie was trying to contact him. She nodded, asking when the meat was going to be ready. Looking at the food, I said that ten minutes she could start setting up the buffet. She kissed me, dancing off to pull things out of the fridge.

Emmett came stomping back, his blue eyes clouded with confusion. I arched a brow. "She said that she's sick."

"What do you mean? Like a cold?" I asked.

"No, cancer. Ovarian cancer," Emmett said, his eyes meeting mine. "They caught it early. However, she's going to have a complete hysterectomy at the end of the week. She wants me to help her. Rose and Irina had a falling out and aren't on speaking terms. Her mom has dementia and she refuses to speak to her father since he abandoned her mom when she first showing signs of losing her mind. She's scared and needs someone to take care of her."

"Are you going to?" I asked.

"I said I'd think about it. After what she did, I do not want to fall back into her trap. I get that she's sick and doesn't have anyone to turn to, but she ruined all of my shit and forced me to decide between her or you." Emmett ran his hand through his hair. "What would you do? What if Irina called you with the same thing?"

"I don't know. Seeing as I'm with Bella, I'd probably tell Irina to fuck off. Hell, I'd still tell Irina to fuck off. Ultimately, it's up toyou in your decision. Personally, she had crossed a significant line when she decided to vandalize your apartment, but I know you loved her at one point," I sighed. Squeezing his shoulder, I gave him a sympathetic look. "Whatever you decide, Em, I'll support you."

"Thanks," he replied. "Do you mind finishing this up? I'm going to take a walk. I need to clear my head."

"Sure, man."

A/N: And no, that is not the drama...though, what do you think Emmett should do?

Thanks and please, leave me some!?

Top of Page