Chapter Fifty

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I do plan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Fifty

EPOV

The next morning, I woke up to my house phone ringing. Blindly, I picked it up. "Hello?" I mumbled into the receiver.

"You sound like shit, Cullen," came the gruff voice of Garrett. "Like the rest of your crew, really."

"Do you blame us?" I asked, trying to stay quiet. Bella was curled with her back pressed against me. She was hugging my arm and snoring adorably. "What's up, Chief?"

"Just calling to let you know that the swing shift is covering for you guys today. Come in tomorrow. Counselors and therapists will be here if you need it," Garrett explained quietly. "That was a tough one. A lot of people died yesterday and a lot of you were affected by it. I think we lost Newton because of it."

"He died?" I asked.

"No. He came in this morning and handed me his resignation letter. He didn't say why he was leaving, just that he was," Garrett said. "Now, enjoy your extra day off. Sleep. Veg. Jerk off..."

I rolled my eyes. "I'm going back to sleep. See you tomorrow, Chief, though you are a dirty old man."

"Old? I'm only thirty-five. Seven years older than you," he scoffed. I hung up before he could go into how he was still in the best shape of his life. I tossed the phone on the nightstand, curling around Bella and holding her tightly. I fell back asleep quickly.

When I woke up again, my bed was empty. Looking at the clock, it was after eleven. I wrinkled my nose. I hated sleeping that late. Dragging my sore body out of bed, I found Bella in the kitchen. She was still wearing my shirt and chatting with Emmett while he was eating a massive omelet. My best friend smirked at me. "Morning, sleeping beauty," he chuckled. "Nice hair. Did you stick your fingers in the electric socket?"

I ran my fingers through my hair and it was a mess. I blushed. "Like you're picture perfect when you wake up," I grumped,sitting down at the island. Bella handed me a cup of coffee, smiling softly. "Thanks, sweet girl."

"Thanks for the omelet, Bella. I've got to use this extra day off to go furniture shopping. I'm moving on Friday," Emmett smiled. "I'll see you later. Bye, Electricward." I flipped him off, scowling as he bounded out of the condo.

"How are you?" Bella asked, making another omelet. "You were tossing and turning all night."

"I'll be fine," I said, shrugging lightly. "I'm grateful for the extra day. I am so sore. That was a physically taxing call." I rolled my head, my neck cracking.

"Oh, I plugged in your cell phone. Alice had tried calling you again and she came over at like nine. She dragged me out of the bedroom. Alice told me to tell you that you have to tell me something," Bella said, arching a brow. "She insisted."

"Fucking Alice," I grumbled. "I love my sister, but she's a nosy, busy body."

"Why don't you eat first and then you can tell me," Bella suggested, her voice taking on a hard edge. God damn it! She put a large omelet in front of me, stuffed to the gills with sausage, bacon, cheese and peppers.

"Are you going to eat?" I asked, my voice quiet.

"I ate with Emmett," she replied, turning to do the dishes. I frowned, eating my massive breakfast while Bella washed the dishes. Her back was to me and I could tell that she was pissed off. Finishing my meal, she took my plate and rinsed it off before putting it into the dishwasher. Turning around, she gave me a stern look and the 'bitch brow.'

"Why don't we sit down?" I hemmed.

"I'd rather stand."

Fuck. "Okay, you know I was engaged. My ex was a skanky bitch who liked to fuck around with other guys. After being with her for so long, I got lonely. One night, after a particularly bad day at the station, a bunch of us went out to a club on in Bucktown. While I was there, I met up with this girl, Tanya. She was pretty and we had some chemistry. One thing led to another and we ended up sleeping together at her place. I wasn't looking for a relationship. I was burned by Irina and I wasn't ready to put my heart back out there. It was still in the process of healing. With Tanya, what we had was purely physical. It didn't last long, really. A couple of months at most. It was when she started trying to make me into something that I wasn't ready for that I ended it with her."

"Okay," Bella said quietly. "I'm not going to fault you for what you did to Tanya. Or with Tanya. You're a guy. An attractive one, at that."

"The thing is that I ran into Tanya at the grocery store when I was getting the stuff for dinner yesterday. She started having this temper tantrum because I mentioned that I had a girlfriend," I mumbled. I scrubbed my scruffy face. "I should have told you about her before..."

"Like I said, Edward, I'm not going to fault you for being single. We have our pasts. I get that," she said.

"I'm just afraid that this chick is going to go all Fatal Attraction on me and start boiling bunnies," I said wryly.

"Irina may do that. You did kick her out," Bella smirked.

"Do you blame me?" I asked.

"No. Not really. And this situation with Tanya, we'll deal with it," Bella said. "Unfortunately, I do have to go. I have a Skype meeting with one the executives from Summit regarding their new movie at three. I have to go home, shower and look somewhat presentable. I also have to call my father, inform him of my new phone number."

"You're not upset with me?"

"It would be like you being upset with me for sleeping with James," Bella explained, walking towards me. "While, yes, it was a mistake, but it was a part of my past."

"Exactly. Tanya, Irina...they are in my past. You are my future, Bella," I murmured, pulling her between my legs. "You are who I see when I close my eyes and you are all that I want." She gave me a smile, but it was guarded. "Do you want to go out to dinner tonight?"

"I have to get some work done. I've been slacking," she murmured, in a futile effort trying to tame my insane bedhead. "Maybe on Wednesday? I should have my new car by then. I can pick you up."

"Do you want me to drive you home?" I asked.

"Alice is on her way. She's on her lunch hour," Bella explained. As she said that, my sister waltzed in the door. "Oops, I better change." She kissed me softly before scampering to my bedroom. Alice walked toward the kitchen, giving me a questioning look.

"I told her," I said. "She took it...well?" Glaring at my sister, I huffed. "I would have rather told in my own way as opposed to having you kind of spill the beans, Little Bit."

"Sorry," Alice said. "I overheard you talking to Emmett and Tanya swung by the condo as we were coming back from Mom and Dad's. She didn't look happy."

"Fuck," I groaned. Bella walked out, dressed in her clothes from yesterday. She gave me a chaste kiss before rooting around in her purse. I shot Alice a look.

I'll talk to her. Get some more rest, Alice mouthed, guiding my girlfriend out of my condo. Sadly, sleep was the last thing on my mind.

A/N: What do you think is going through Bella's head? Was she too calm and collected? Did you expect her to fly off the handle? Leave me your thoughts. We're back to Bella and her conversation with Alice in the next chapter. I'd appreciate some loving! Hugs!

Top of Page