Chapter Four

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who wants to make our beloved Twilightcharacters swear, drink, andgo at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Five

BPOV

Back at my house, I put my groceries away and loaded up the groceries for Edward and presumably the firehouse into some coolers. Once I was finished, I looked up the address for Firehouse Eighteen and discovered it was literally around the corner from me. Getting back into my car, along with the four coolers filled with the food, I drove to the firehouse and parked on the street. As I was getting out, two fire engines were pulling up, with a SUV just behind them. The man in the SUV got out and he ambled over to me. "Can I help you?" he asked. "I'm Chief Garrett Peterson."

"Um, yeah. I'm looking for Edward, um...starts with a 'C'?" I said, wrinkling my nose.

"CULLEN! You've got company," Garrett yelled.

"I don't want to disturb him if he's too busy," I rambled, nervous at what I was doing. I should have left well enough alone.

"You bellowed, chief," Edward chuckled. He was just in his polo and a pair of the protective pants they wore inside of a fire. His suspenders were hanging around his legs. "Oh! Bella! What are you doing here?"

"You left the food," I blushed. "At the store."

"Necessary evil," he said, looking at the chief. "Fires don't really run on a schedule. I'll go back to the store and finish shopping after I clean up."

"You couldn't have finished it faster, Cullen? Jeez! We're running on air here," Garrett teased. He smacked Edward on the back and walked to the station.

"Well, I, um," I blew out a breath, toying with my hair. "Come with me." I gestured to my car and Edward followed me. Opening the back of my SUV, I showed him the coolers filled with the food.

"You bought all of the food?" he asked, his green eyes widening. "Bella, that is...wow! Amazing! This was easily a five hundred dollar bill..."

"It's my good deed for the year," I smiled.

"For the year? No, it's the good deed for the century! This is awesome. I don't know how to thank you," he beamed. "Well, how about you join us for lunch? McCarty makes some amazing chili."

"I'd love to, but I have to do some work this afternoon. I wanted to drop this off and make sure you all got your Cheetos and Slim Jims," I quipped.

"Let me grab some of the guys," he said, running back to the firehouse. He came out with three burly guys, one of which was Garrett. They took out the coolers and carried them into the firehouse. Edward gestured for me to join them. I followed them into the fire station. They worked quickly, emptying out the coolers into industrial refrigerators. The guys carried them back to my car and I twisted my keys. "Bella, you have definitely earned the respect of this house."

"Like I said, I wanted to do my good deed," I murmured, giving him a shy grin. "I do need to go. I hope you guys enjoy the food."

"There's got to be something we can do or I can do to thank you for what you did," Edward said, his brows furrowing. "Perhaps, dinner?"

Red Alert! Red Alert! Abort! Abort! Danger! The vision of the robot from that Robinson television show from sixties going bonkers invades my brain. It was a humorous representation of the panic that I was feeling inside of me. "Um, probably not," I rushed out. "I'll see you soon, Edward. Bye." I shuffled back to my car and got into the driver's seat. Pressing the button for the rear gate, I waited for it to close before I started the car and drove away from the firehouse and the sexy, but sweet firefighterwho just asked me out on a date.

Was it a date or appreciation for helping them with their food situation?

Regardless, I wasn't ready. I don't think I could ever be ready. Nope. Permanent break from dating. Focus on me, my new beginning, making friends with Alice and moving on with my life. Pursing my lips and holding back tears, I parked my car. Wiping my face, I dragged my body into my home and went directly to my office. I needed to go back into the world of virtual reality.

There, the world made sense. There, I didn't feel empty. There, I didn't feel pain.

A/N: What's Bella's deal? Leave me some! Oh, and we're switching to Edward next chapter.

Top of Page