Chapter Fifty-One

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Fifty-One

BPOV

"Bella, I want to apologize. I was out of line this morning," Alice said as I got into her Cayenne. "I put Edward into a sticky situation with my spilling the beans about Tanya. He would have told you but it was my interference that caused..."

"Are you going to apologize to your brother?" I asked, arching a brow at my friend. "If it was his business, why didn't you let it alone?"

"I did apologize to Edward and I don't know," Alice shrugged. "I mean, I didn't agree with his 'relationship' with Tanya in the first place because I knew it was going to bite him the ass. But, it wasn't my place to step into your relationship. I'm sorry. Please don't be upset with him because of what I did."

"Your heart was in the right place, but you did stick your nose into our relationship," I chided. "I know that Edward has been in relationships before. I mean, look at him. He's the epitome of gorgeousness and I'm the poster child for 'Plain Janes.'"

"What crack are you smoking? Bella, you're exquisite!" Alice said as she turned onto my street. "Clearly you do not see yourself in the same light that my perfectly smitten brother does. He thinks the sun shines out of your ass."

I lifted my right butt cheek. "It doesn't," I snorted. "That would be weird, too."

"It's a...ugh, never mind. Seriously, though. I know that your ex-douchebag cut you down, but don't you see how beautiful you are?" Alice asked.

"Ali," I sighed, wrinkling my nose. "I just..."

"Okay, I'll back off. I'm really sorry, Bella," she said quietly, almost inaudibly. She stopped in front of my home. "Call me if you want to talk but don't take it out on Edward."

"I just need some time to myself. I have to meet with the Summit executives and call my dad today. I'll talk to you later, Alice," I said, giving her a tight grin before getting out of the car. I waved before I ducked into the door and closed it. Leaning against the door jamb, I pinched my nose. I wasn't upset with Edward. Not in the least. I was upset, a little bit, with Alice for being sopushy. She was trying to protect me but my relationship with Edward is between the two of us. Not Alice. Not his parents. Not my parents. What parents? Renee is a bitch and Charlie...he barely acknowledges your existence. Shaking my head, I put my purse on the table and then I went up to shower. Once I was clean, I put on a pair of jeans and a comfortable shirt.

Padding downstairs, I picked up my cell phone and curled up on my couch. I had a couple of hours before I had to call Tom from Summit. My dad's schedule was erratic and he worked all hours of the day. If he was available, he'd pick up. If not, it would go to voicemail. Regardless, Charlie would have my new phone number. I dialed his cell phone number, which I had saved on my computer since my original cell phone met its untimely demise against a brick wall. Fucking Renee. The phone rang three times before I heard the gruff voice of my sperm donor.

"Chief Swan," he said, his voice deep and scratchy.

"Um, hi, Charlie. It's Bella?" I squeaked.

"Bella! What a surprise! Did I miss your birthday?" he asked.

"No. I'm just calling to let you know that I had to change my phone number and I wanted to give it to you," I mumbled. "So, you should have it on your phone and if you need to call me, use this number. I won't bother you..."

"Bella, wait," Charlie said over the line. "You sound upset or stressed out. What's wrong? And you are certainly not bothering me. I'm sitting along the 101, trying to catch speeders. Quite boring, I assure you. Bella, despite what your mother told me..."

"Wait, what did my mother tell you?" I seethed.

A/N: I know it's a short chapter, but the next chapter will hopefully be longer. What did Renee tell Charlie? Leave me some!

Top of Page