Chapter Fifty-Seven

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Fifty-Seven

EPOV

Early the next morning, Bella apologized for falling asleep on me. I was uncomfortable, but I was glad that I was able to provide her with some support. However, she was going to see Pam for an emergency session. We kissed and I took a cab back home.

Back at my condo, Emmett was talking with his movers. Because of the train derailment, our schedule was all screwed up. Originally, we were due to work on Monday and Thursday. Now, it was Tuesday and Friday. Emmett couldn't get anyone to cover for him and now he was scrambling to move in on Saturday.

Based on his growling, it wasn't going very well. Slamming down his phone, Emmett let out a yell. Padding to his room, I leaned against the door. "You know, these walls are thin," I quipped.

"Fucking movers can't reschedule," he spat. "Plus, I'm losing my deposit. I may not have a lot of stuff, but it's shit that I can't move on my own."

"Why don't you rent a truck and we get the guys to help us?" I suggested.

"My furniture is being delivered tomorrow, along with cable and internet," he said, arching a brow.

"My mom can be here to sign for the deliveries," I said.

"Why not you? Garrett is talking about benching you until you get medically cleared," Emmett said.

"I'm his bitch," I deadpanned. "It's boring as fuck. I'd rather be here, signing for your deliveries than being Garrett's errand boy." Turning, I went to the kitchen to grab something to eat. Popping a bagel into the toaster, I poured myself some coffee. Emmett was on my heels.

"How was your date last night?" Emmett asked, waggling his brows. "You're doing the walk of shame, so it had to be good."

"Even if I could perform, it hurts like a mofo to do anything other than sit, walk or lay down," I said, grabbing one of my muscle relaxers from the kitchen. "Bella ended up crashing on the couch. I was pinned underneath her. I couldn't physically move her, so hence the walk of shame."

"Is everything alright?" Emmett asked.

"It was fine but she had a rough night. Her ex was a first class douche. He never cared about her," I sighed.

"Um, duh," Emmett said flatly. I smacked his arm. "Look, I'm going to call the guys and rent a truck. I know your scrawny ass can't do much, but can you at least help?"

"I'll be more than happy, but it'll be more along the lines of organizing and not lifting," I smirked. "Doctor's orders and all."

"Fucking Jasper. You're such a pussy," Emmett laughed.

"Tell that to my MRI," I quipped, walking to my room. Stripping out of my clothes, I took a long shower. The hot water was streaming down my back and it felt so good since my muscles were in knots. I lay down, using the heating pad and reading a book. Eventually, I drifted off, but was woken up by my cell phone ringing on the nightstand. Fumbling, I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Edward, did I wake you?" asked Bella.

"I must have dozed off. I'm up now," I replied. "Are you feeling better?"

"Yeah. I had a nearly two hour session with Pam. That woman is going to save my fragile psyche," Bella snorted. "Anyway, I met up with Alice for lunch and she convinced me to call the realtor of the travel agency. I was wondering if you could come down and walk through it with me?"

"Sure, love," I beamed. "Are you there now?"

"No, I'm at Alice's shop, waiting for the realtor. She should be here in about an hour," Bella said.

"I'll be right down, Bella. See you in a bit." Hanging up the phone, I got dressed in a pair of jeans and a button down. With Emmett's help, I wrapped a therma-care wrap around my back and went down to my car, driving to Alice's store. Though, I couldn't get the distinct feeling that I was being followed out of my head. Looking around, I didn't see anyone or recognized anyone. I ignored it, focusing on getting to Bella and Alice, and being there for my girl as she took another step in rebuilding her life.

A/N: Is someone following Edward? Who do you think it is? Leave me some!

Top of Page