Chapter Twenty-Two

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Just warning you...this is Bella's story. It's not pretty. You've been warned.

Chapter Twenty-Two

BPOV

Once I brushed my teeth, I tossed my hair into a messy bun. Padding out of the bathroom, I wanted nothing more than to leave Alice's house and never show my face to her again. I hated what he had done to me, what he took away, what my motherwants me to go back to...

Assholes. The lot of them...ugh!

I grabbed my shoes from the bedroom that I slept in and went out into the living room. Alice was sitting on the couch, wearingsome comfortable clothing and a worried expression. Jasper was in the kitchen, pouring himself a cup of coffee and Edward was sitting on a chair, holding what appeared to be what was left of my phone. Alice gestured for me to sit next to her and I did, feeling confused and worried that my new friends would want to run away after what I had to say.

"Do you want some coffee, Bella?" Jasper asked.

"I just brushed my teeth. No, thank you," I answered, sitting next to Alice. She threw her arms around me and held me tightly. My eyes clamped shut and a few stray tears fell down my cheeks. "I'm okay, Alice."

"I beg to differ," she said, tucking a hair behind my ear. "Bella, no matter what you say, we already love you and you're stuck with us. We're like a fungus."

"It's true," Jasper snickered. "I went home with my boss one night, celebrating Christmas with his family since I couldn't afford to fly home to see mine. I had an Alice shaped object attached to my ass. Best holiday ever. And you're the cutest fungus."

"I try," Alice snickered.

I giggled, smiling at my friend. "You'll see that you won't want to keep me," I said, my smile falling from my face.

"Bella, you owe us nothing. If you don't want to say anything, it's okay," Jasper said, sitting next to Edward. "However, I'm speaking strictly as a physician. I'm concerned for your mental health. That was a very powerful anxiety attack. You're lucky that Edward got through to you. I was ready to sedate you."

"He gave me a syringe," Edward said, giving me a concerned look.

"It wouldn't have been the first time," I said, grimacing. "I understand your concerns, Jasper. Normally, I can keep my emotions in check, but that phone call rattled me. It was my mother and suffice it to say, we do not get along." I closed my eyes and took a shuddering breath. Opening my eyes, I looked at my new friends and began my story. "I guess I should start from the beginning, right?"

"You don't have to," Edward whispered, staring directly at me.

"No, I do. I haven't told this story to anyone. The one person who knows is my mother and she, well, wants me to continue living in the nightmare," I spat. "So, prior to living in Chicago, I was based down in Jacksonville, Florida. I lived there with my mother. I had gotten my degree in graphic and web design with a minor in photography at the University of South Florida. I was starting to build my clientele for my web design company but also working as a wedding photographer on the side to make money to live on. Now, I have a very comfortable life, but when I graduated from college at twenty-two, I was barely scraping by."