Chapter Fourteen

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Fourteen

BPOV

Alice left around nine. She hugged me again, reiterating her promise to be a good listener. I nodded and said that I just needed time. Once she left, I locked up my house and dragged my body up to my room. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was asleep and slept for the entire day, waking up early on Monday morning. Dressing in a pair of shorts and a tank top, I went back to the lakefront to do my morning run. I needed to work out some of the bullshit that I was feeling and reeling from that email.

Running was my catharsis.

Pounding the pavement and listening to some angry rock, I ran up and down the lakeshore. As I was running, I got a stitch in my leg, causing me to tumble to the ground. "Fuck!" I barked, sitting up and massaging my calf.

"Hey!" I heard. Turning my head, I saw Edward, Alice's brother, running toward me. He was shirtless and covered in sweat. "I saw you tumble...Bella?"

"Yep," I said, giving him a grimace. "How are you, Edward?"

"Better than you. What happened?" he asked, crouching down and straightening my leg.

"Running too hard without stretching out," I said, trying to get up.

"Sit down, Bella. Let me help you. Where does it hurt?" he questioned, running his large hand along my calf. He was gently prodding my leg. I yelped when he hit the knot. "Damn, woman."

"I'll be fine," I said stubbornly.

"Relax. If you don't let this relax, you can cause some pretty substantial tissue damage to your calf muscle," he said, massaging my leg. I whimpered as he prodded and poked my calf. Fifteen minutes of his hands massaging me, Edward looked up at me. "How does it feel?"

"Okay, I guess," I replied, pointing and flexing my foot.

He stood up, holding out his hands. "Come on, let me help you up," he said. Tentatively, I placed my hands in his and he easily pulled me to my feet. "Walk a little bit, alright?" I nodded, taking a step with my good leg but hissing when I stepped with my bad one. It was still tight. His arm shot around my waist when I wobbled. His chest was warm and glistening with sweat. "Careful..."

"I'm good, Edward. Thank you," I said, trying to wriggle out of his hold.

"I beg to differ, Bella. I know you don't have a pulled muscle but you've got a pretty serious knot in your calf. How far is it to you where you live? A mile? Two? Let me drive you home," he said. "I'm parked just over there."

I furrowed my brow. I knew that walking on whatever I had going on was not a wise decision, but I didn't want to put myself in a situation where I wasn't comfortable. Too late, Swan. You're already uncomfortable. Your leg is throbbing. Take the ride. He's a firefighter. Trained to save people. Maybe he can save your ass...

"Come on, Bella. I promise I won't hurt you. I just want to make sure that you're home safe and that you don't injure yourself further. You know my sister. I can call her...get her to vouch for me," he said, reaching into the pocket of his shorts.

"No! That won't be necessary. I'm sorry. I'm just hesitant to trust people," I said, blushing furiously. "I know you're a good guy. Hell, you got me my pasta sauce."

"That's because you're fun-sized," he chuckled, patting my head. I giggled, rolling my eyes. "I just want to get you home and get that wrapped up with some warm compresses. It'll relax the muscle further. I would also suggest getting a massage. It'll sooth the knot, but make sure you go to spa thing that specializes in sports massages, for athletes. Your run of the mill masseuse or masseur may cause more damage than anything. Now, do you think you can walk or do you want me to carry you?"

"I'll try to walk," I said, gritting my teeth for the five hundred foot stroll to his car. It took us ten minutes to walk five steps before Edward swept me in his arms. "Obviously patience is not one of your strong suits."

"Oh, it is, but I have to get to work, Bella," he snorted. "My ninety-five year old grandmother who is a corpse walks faster than that."

"Don't disparage the deceased, Cullen," I said, arching a brow as he easily carried me to a silver Ford Mustang with black rims and yellow accents. "Nice ride."

"Thanks," he smirked, putting me on my feet and clicking it open. "She's my baby."

"A very fast looking baby," I chuckled as I got into the passenger seat that he opened for me. He closed the door gently before running around to the other side. He slipped on a tight t-shirt before getting into the driver's side. "Where to, Miss Bella?"

A/N: And they meet again...Picture of Edward's 'baby' is on my blog, tumblr, Facebook and twitter. My blog and tumblr, the links are in my profile. For Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation and my twitter: tufano79. Leave me some!

Top of Page