Chapter Thirty-Six

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Thirty-Six

EPOV

I watched as Bella and Emmett walked towards the firehouse. Bella had told me that she wanted to share her story with Emmett, hopefully helping him understand why she was as jumpy as she was. "Cullen! You're burning the burgers. Get out of the way," Garrett said, pushing me away from the grill. He looked over where Bella and Emmett were talking. "Isn't that our Good Samaritan?"

"Yeah. We're together, sort of," I blushed. "However, Emmett isn't a fan."

"Emmett isn't a fan of anything with tits," Garrett snorted, putting the burgers onto a clean tray. "I think he's going to turn gay because of what the ice-cold bitch did to him. He still living with you?"

"In all his messy glory," I deadpanned. "He said that he's going to look for a place once he gets paid by Rosalie. She has to fork over nearly fifty thousand bucks for all of the destruction she caused."

"How did he win that?" Garrett snorted.

"Jasper's old college roommate, Jenks, represented him and he never loses," I smirked. "I'm glad that she was held accountable for her actions. It was either fork over the money or face jail time for felony vandalism and destruction of property. Rosalie would lose her job if she had a felony charge on her record. So, she's scrambling to..." Over by Emmett and Bella, she was moving away from him. Her eyes were filled with tears. She was holding her stomach, obviously very upset. "Sorry, Chief. I've got to go. Watch the grill?"

I darted across the yard, reaching Emmett and Bella. I reached them, putting my arm around my girl. She stood a little taller, looking directly into Emmett's eyes. "You can hate me, just don't make this any more difficult than it already is." She turned to me, her molten chocolate eyes were brimming with tears. "Is there a bathroom I can use to clean up?"

"Sure," I murmured, wanting to provide her with more comfort. Taking her hand, I led her into the locker room. She hugged me before asking for some time alone. I nodded and went back outside. Emmett was sitting on one of the coolers. I smacked him. "What did you do?"

"Nothing! She told me her story and I felt like a colossal ass," he mumbled miserably. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because it wasn't my story to tell," I said. "She's obviously still struggling and you acting like a douchebag is not helping the situation, Emmett. You liked her before..."

"I still do. She reminds me a lot of Felicity," Emmett frowned. "Well, pre-attack Felicity."

"She had her reasons. I understand them and we're moving past it. If I can forgive her, then I don't see why you can't," Igrowled.

"I've forgiven her. There was nothing to forgive, really. When she told me...God, I'm fucktard."

"Yep," I said. "Now, treat her right, Em. None of this bullshit glaring, glowering crap. She's got enough on her plate. She doesn't need you taking out her frustrations and hatred of women out on her. She's special to me..."

"I can see that. You've got the vein popping," Emmett said, pointing to my forehead. "That only comes out when you're really emotional."

I scrubbed my forehead and calmed myself down. "Sorry for smacking you, it's just...I like her. A lot. That's why I was Emo Edward the past month. I thought we had something special and we do, but she needed to be in the right frame of mind before we dove into whatever it is we are."

"Obviously more than friends," Emmett said, waggling his brows.

"Obviously," I smiled. "But, we're taking it slow." I blew out a breath, staring at my best friend. "Are you cool with her? Or do I need to kick your ass?"

"I can be cool with her. I just hate the fact that you were hurting and she didn't care about you," Emmett shrugged.

"She does care. Right now, she's entitled to be a little selfish, Em. She needs help and she got it; she's continuing to get it but her nightmare is nowhere near over," I muttered.

"What do you mean?"

"That fire in her garage? I think it was started by her ex-boyfriend," I growled.

A/N: Sooooo??? What do you think? Will Emmett join Team Bella? Leave me some!

Top of Page