Chapter Fifty-Three

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Fifty-Three

BPOV

I was a distracted mess when I was talking with Tom, the representative from Summit. Thankfully, he was understanding. He knew that I would get the job done. I had two more websites to design and a deadline by the end of September to make them live. I started working on the websites until I received a phone call from the car dealership, informing me that my car was ready for pick up. I made arrangements for Wednesday since I had to work tomorrow, plus I needed to transfer the balance of the carinto my checking account.

Time flew once I lost myself in the web design and I jumped when my cell phone rang on the desk. It was nearly nine at night. I had worked through dinner. Picking up the cell phone, I saw Edward's number. "Hey," I smiled, leaning back on my chair. "I'm glad you called."

"I'm glad I called too," he chuckled, his velvety voice washing over me. It was so deep and soothing. "Did you get everything done today, sweet girl?"

"Yeah. I've been working so hard that I forgot to eat dinner," I said, getting up from my desk. "I have to scrounge for food since I desperately need to go grocery shopping. I haven't gone since I have no car."

"I have leftovers from dinner last night in my fridge. I can bring them over?" he asked, his voice eager. "I don't want my girlfriend starving." I checked my fridge and the frozen pizza option was not looking like a viable option and my fridge was empty save for bottles of water and a nearly empty carton of milk. Let's not forget the expired carton of Greek yogurt.

"You won't mind?" I replied. "Milk and spoiled Greek yogurt doesn't sound very appetizing."

"I'll be over in fifteen minutes," he said, his smile audible. We hung up and I went to change into something comfortable. With Edward's restless sleeping last night and the emotional day today, I was going to crash as soon as Edward left.

After a little making out, of course.

Dressed in a camisole and a pair of yoga pants, I swiped a bottle of water, checking my email and paying some bills. A few moments later, my doorbell rang. Walking to the door, I smiled when I saw Edward on my doorstep. He was looking very scruffy and sexy with a backwards baseball cap, a pair of shorts and a t-shirt. "Comfort over style?" I quipped.

"I'm still rocking the bedhead from when you left," he snorted. "I crashed again in front of the television and woke up when Emmett came home." He handed me a large grocery bag. I smiled, leading him into the kitchen so I could make my dinner. He was moving stiffly.

"You okay?"

"I tweaked my back yesterday. Part of the reason why I fell asleep is because I had to take a muscle relaxer," he grimaced. "I'll probably will be riding a desk for at least two shifts. My dad checked me out, as did Jasper and they put me on restricted duty. I can't lift anything over fifty pounds."

"It sounds like you need a massage," I said.

"I need that, but not tonight or any time soon. I was a jumpy mess when Jasper examined me," Edward replied, sitting down on the stool in my kitchen.

"You don't need to stay," I frowned. "I can only imagine how you're feeling. I bet all you want is a heating pad, more of thosepills and your bed."

"No, I need you," he retorted, gently pulling on my hand. He frowned slightly, his fingers gliding over my arms. "I need to know that I didn't fuck up."

"You didn't fuck up," I murmured, my skin erupting in goose bumps. My nipples puckered, becoming blatantly obvious beneaththe thin fabric of my camisole. Edward's irises darkened as he licked his lips. My panties flooded with my need. He looked dangerous and sexy but vulnerable and pained. I ran my hands up his arms before finding the soft hair at the nape of his neck. "You didn't. If anyone did, it was this psycho Tanya chick."

Edward's hands moved from my shoulders and eased down my back, resting just above my behind. "I am still sorry for not telling you sooner, beautiful," he said, his eyes meeting mine. "You're who I want." He swallowed, his Adam's apple bobbing deeply. "Can I kiss you?"

"Edward, baby, you don't have to ask," I whispered, stepping closer to his body. His hands moved to cup my ass. I felt a rumbling purr from deep within his body. Gently, his lips brushed mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck, deepening our kiss. Edward sighed, tightening his arms around me. I used his open mouth to tentatively slide my tongue inside. Moving my hands further into his hair, his hat fell onto the floor. His mouth was tender, massaging my lips carefully. However, our make outsession was interrupted by my loudly growling stomach.

Pulling back, Edward put his hand on my belly. "Are you harboring grizzlies in there?" he laughed.

"Nah, mountain lions," I quipped, nipping at his mouth. "You're my prey, Mr. Cullen."

"I wouldn't put up much of a fight, beautiful," he said, his face quirking up into a crooked grin. My stomach snarled again. "Now, we can kiss later. You need to eat, Bella. I don't want my girl wasting away."

A/N: Up next will be the conversation with Edward and Bella regarding Charlie and some make out action. Leave me some.

Top of Page