Chapter Twenty-Four

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Twenty-Four

BPOV

Edward stayed, watching a movie with me, after we ate dinner. He had a different energy than Alice. He was much relaxed, but still commanded attention. And he worked hard to make sure that I was taken care of, as opposed to me waiting on him. When he left, around ten, he pointed at his cell phone and reminded me that he'd be calling it sometime in the early afternoon. Tentatively, he held his arms like he was going to hug me. I'd slept with the guy and cuddled against him while I told my secret, I could at least give him a hug.

Wrapping my arms around his waist, I hugged him closely. His strong arms enfolded me in a warm embrace and for the first time since I'd met James, I felt safe and protected. His large hands rubbed my back and his cheek rested on the crown of my head. I knew that I was being stupid in trusting him, but something about his demeanor and caring manner made me comfortable with him. I bit back a sob.

"Don't cry, sweet girl," he whispered against my hair, tightening his hold on me. My hands gripped his shirt and I tried to keep it together. I failed. God, I'm such a fucking mess. I need to be institutionalized. Edward let go of me and he took my face in his hands. "I can't even fathom what you've been through, Bella. You're such an incredibly strong and amazing woman. We all care about you. As Alice said, we're a fungus. We latch on and don't let go. If you need anything...call me. It's 'home' on the cell phone. Alice is in there, too."

"It's been so long since I've felt safe," I sniffled.

"What made you feel safe?" he asked.

"The hug," I murmured, glancing down at his shoes. "It's stupid." I wriggled out of his hold and tried to back up. Edward gentlygrabbed my wrist and he hugged me again. I just melted.

"It's not stupid. Alice teases me that I give the best hugs. It's because I'm so tall," he chuckled, swaying us back and forth. "I'll gladly give you hugs to make you feel safe, Bella."

"Thank you," I said against his warm chest. He kissed my head and left me go. "I promise to keep the crazy under wraps tomorrow."

"I'll keep you so occupied that you won't even worry about the crazy," he chuckled. "Seriously, though. Call me if you need anything. Okay?"

"I will. Thank you for what you did last night, this morning and today," I blushed.

"I'm glad that I was able to provide you some sort of comfort," Edward said, giving me a sad smile. "Thank you for trusting me, to an extent." He grabbed his keys and hugged me once more. "See you tomorrow, Bella." With a wave, he slipped out the door and I locked it behind him. I went downstairs to the first floor, knowing that I would not be able to sleep tonight since I slept most of the day away. I kept Edward's cell phone nearby as I began working on removing information from my website. The only way to contact me would be email. On my business cards and on my email signature, I'd include my new phone number, once I set it up. I would not have my number for anyone to see. Only my clients or potential clients.

An hour later, Edward's phone chirped. I picked it up, seeing a text from Alice.

Hey, it's me. Edward. I'm using Alice's phone since you have mine. I hope you sleep well and I really mean it if you want to talk, you can call me. How does one sound for tomorrow? ~ E

That should be fine. I can't really do all that I want to do without a new phone. Thank you for staying and for the hug. It means more than you could possibly ever understand ~ B

I've got another one for you tomorrow, but for now, here's a text hug ::HUGS:: ~ E

Thanks...I'm feeling the hugs from here. I'll see you tomorrow, Edward ~ B

*Hugs back* ~ B

He sent me a winky face, bidding me good night. I turned back to the computer, working on Alice's website along with a few others before my body began to fade. Saving all of my work, I went upstairs to shower, read and relax. Before I went to sleep, I picked up the small frame I had next to my bed. It was the last ultrasound of my daughter. "Momma told her story, little one. For the first time since...people know and they don't look at me like I'm stupid or crazy. I wasn't, baby girl. Your sperm donor was. My incubator was. One thing that will never change...I love you, always." I kissed the frame, hugging it to my body before putting it back on the nightstand. Caressing the outline of her sweet face, I flipped off the lights and went to sleep.

A/N: Up next will be the first part of Edward's grand tour of Chicago. We'll start it in Bella's POV and end with his. Leave me some!

Top of Page

Caught in the Flamesजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें