Chapter Seven

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who wants to make our beloved Twilightcharacters swear, drink, andgo at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Seven

EPOV

I dialed Tanya's number, tapping my fingers on my desk. She picked up after two rings. "Hey, Eddie," she purred. "I've been looking for you. I need you."

"Tanya," I said, pinching my nose. "I was on a call. You don't need to call the station to look for me. Also, you can't be calling me your boyfriend. We're not dating. You know what I want and if you can't handle that, then this arrangement needs to stop. And don't call me Eddie."

"I'm sorry, Eddie, um, Edward. I really like you. You're handsome, smart, sexy and fucking amazing in bed. I thought that perhaps your feelings for me would change," she said. "Why not try it? Go out? Have a few drinks? See a movie?"

"I can't, Tanya. I'm not ready for that. I like you, too, but for completely different reasons. I thought you understood that I'm notlooking for a relationship. You're great girl and perhaps someday, you'll make some guy really happy. That guy, unfortunately, is not me," I sighed.

"So, that's it?" she asked, her voice cracking slightly.

"You want more from me than I'm willing to give, Tanya. I can't be your boyfriend," I said. "I'm sorry." She sniffled over the phone. "Tanya, I didn't want to hurt you. I thought you..."

"I did understand, Edward. I just thought that if you were with me, you'd want more," she cried. "Good luck." Before I could respond, she hung up and I felt like an ass.

I pinched my nose again, feeling the beginnings of a stress headache. However, the alarm bell went off. My rescue squad was called to duty. In our house, we had three means of dealing with emergencies. We had the fire truck, which dealt with fire emergencies and some rescues, mainly in fire situations. Emmett was the lieutenant of that vehicle. Then, we had a rescue squad. That was my unit. We dealt with fires and knew how to put them out, but we had additional layer of training to get victims out of precarious situations like car accidents, water rescues and anything else that was out of the ordinary. The final team in our house were the paramedics and EMTs. They handled strictly medical emergencies and usually accompanied either the truck or the squad on various calls.

I went to the truck and pulled on my bunker gear, starting with my boots. I put on my coat and scrambled into the passenger seat. We listened to the dispatcher describe the nature of the emergency. It was a car crash where the driver was pinned inside. Driving behind us was the ambulance assigned to our house with the paramedic on duty, Angela, with a swing EMT, Seth from my unit, since the regular EMT was on vacation.

We arrived at the accident, which was on Lake Shore Drive. The police had already blocked off traffic and the obnoxious blaring of horns was filling our ears. I hopped out of the truck, walking to the accident. A smaller vehicle rear ended a SUV. The smaller car was jammed underneath the SUV. A man was wedged between the steering wheel and the seat. His head was laying at an awkward angle. A woman was crying hysterically on the side of the rode. "Angela, have Seth check the vic on the street. I need you with me," I said. Angela nodded, instructing Seth to help the sobbing woman.

I assessed the damage to the vehicle. Seeing the puddle of gas underneath, I knew we had to work quickly. "Angela, I need you to stabilize his head. Newton, get the Jaws of Life. Jacob, I need you to crack the windshield and get that other car off this one. We've got to move fast because we have a fuel leak. I want to get this guy out of here before it catches on fire," I barked authoritatively.

My crew began working on extracting the man from the car, starting with separating the two vehicles. Using the truck, we towed the SUV away from the smaller car, which allowed us more room. Angela climbed into the back and put a neck brace on the victim. She also inserted an IV and started administering pain meds. Jacob and I removed the windshield and together we worked on removing the roof of the car, to take the victim out. Using the Jaws of Life, we managed to move the front of the car so we could pull the man out of the wreckage of his vehicle and transport him to the ambulance. He was still unconscious with a pretty serious head laceration and some broken bones in his legs. Angela and Seth loaded up both victims and drove tonearby Northwestern Memorial Hospital. My guys and I worked on cleaning up the scene and filling out paperwork with the responding police officers.

We left an hour later, filling up the tank of the truck on the way back to the station. Emmett yelled that we were having a barbeque in honor of the brunette beauty who saved our chow. I laughed and went into my office to fill out my report on the car accident. Though, I struggled on focusing on the report.

I kept picturing that brunette beauty.

Bella.

A/N: So, my knowledge of the firehouse comes from Chicago Fire. If you're familiar, Edward is 'Kelly Severide.' Emmett is 'Matt Casey.' Most of my ideas are coming from that show (I love me some Taylor Kinney). Also, the way the trucks are delineated, that's my imagination/Chicago Fire. I hope I'm accurate enough, but this is fiction and I'm taking some creative liberties with this.

Edward's Crew (Rescue Squad):

Jacob Black
Mike Newton
Ben Cheney
Seth Clearwater (Trained EMT)

Emmett's crew (Fire Truck):

Tyler Crowley
Quil Embry
Paul Lahote
Leah Clearwater (Trained EMT)

Paramedics:

Angela Weber
Jessica Stanley

Battalion Chief:

Garrett Peterson

Top of Page