Chapter Sixty-Two

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Sixty-Two

BPOV

A few moments after I had set up the make-shift spa in Edward's bedroom, he walked out. He was wearing a pair of pajama pants and holding his shirt. Sweet baby Jesus, he's RIPPED! I vaguely remembered seeing it when I was having my leg cramp. I had kind of felt it when I was cuddled with him, but seeing it in the flesh? Damn. He looked up, smiling at me. His eyes were twinkling and shimmering with something beneath their evergreen depths. With that single look, he made me feel safe and protected, loved and adored.

"Feeling better?" I asked, patting the bed.

"Yeah. The muscle relaxers kicked in and the warm water felt good. I'm going in for another MRI on Monday during my shift to check the damage," he said. "It was a minor tear, but enough to bench me for a month. Today didn't help, though."

"Well, I spoke with Jasper on Friday. He said if I take it easy, I could give you a massage." I held up the jar of IcyHot.

He nodded, tossing his shirt onto the edge of the bed. "Where do you want me?"

"On your belly," I said. He crawled onto the bed, kissing me sweetly before lowering himself on top of his bedspread. His muscles rippled in his arms, abs and shoulders. "Where's the tear?"

"Just below my rib cage on the right side," he said. "It's swollen, slightly." He raised his arms, cradling his head on his hands and looked back at me. Tenderly, I ran my hand along his back until I felt the swelling. He shuddered.

"Did that hurt?"

"Heh, no," he snorted. "Your hands feel good on me."

"Well, good. I like touching you," I said, dipping my fingers into the medicine. "At least you don't have a hairy back or anything."

"That would be Emmett, but he's so sensitive about it that he's going through laser hair removal," Edward chuckled. "He'snearly finished and then he's getting this huge back tattoo."

Lightly, I massaged the IcyHot into his back. Edward groaned then sighed. "Of what?"

"A grizzly bear," he said, his eyes closing. "A ferocious, snarling bear with fangs and claws."

"Why would he want that on his back?"

"He's been fascinated with them," Edward answered, looking at me. "I don't know why. Just has been. He has bear slash marks on his ribs and a bear paw on his pec."

"That is...wow," I giggled. "Any tats for you?"

"I toyed with the idea, but I'm pussy when it comes to pain and especially needles," Edward laughed. "The guys are still working on me to get the Chicago Fire Department logo tattooed on my arm. All of the guys have it, even Emmett. I'm just..."

"I hear you," I said, moving so I was straddling his waist. "James wanted me to get a tattoo of his initials on my wrist. Obviously, I refused but it ended in a brutal fight."

"It's your body. You have the right to do with it what you want," Edward said, his brows furrowed.

"You should listen to your own advice," I snickered, adding more muscle to his massage.

"I should, but it's not about the needle or even the tattoo. It's a bonding exercise for our crew," Edward sighed. "We need to work as a team. That bond keeps us safe. We're brothers, really. We're there for each other when we need it. You saw it, kind of, when Seth had his little girl. We band together in good times and bad."

"It must be nice to have so many people you can trust," I murmured, wiping down his back. "What happened with Mike Newton?"

"Emmett and I tried to get him to come back but that loop train derailment really shattered him," Edward said. "We're probably going to train Tyler to join Squad. I gave him some classes he can take at the academy. He's already signed up. But, we have an open spot. Several candidates have interviewed, but we're going with this guy from out of state. His name is Larry. He knows his stuff and would make a great fit on Emmett's truck."

"So, this Larry guy won't join Squad?" I asked.

"No. You have to pass a series of tests before you're even considered. Larry is a fine fire fighter based off his resume and references, but he doesn't have the rescue experience to join my team," Edward explained. I got off his ass and padded to the bathroom, washing the not-so-pleasant feeling if IcyHot off my hands. Edward slipped behind me, his arms wrapped around my shoulders. "Thank you for the massage, love."

"Anything to touch that sexy back of yours," I quipped, turning in his arms. "I knew you were built but to touch? Hmmmm...heavenly."

"One day, I hope to return the favor, Bella," Edward purred. He dipped down, kissing my lips softly. Butterflies assaulted my stomach and I sighed against his mouth, sliding my hands up into his slightly damp hair. He gently lifted me onto the counter top, standing between my legs.

"You're going to hurt yourself, Edward. I certainly weigh more than fifty pounds," I giggled, running my fingers down his smooth chest.

He chuckled, his lips finding the hollow behind my ear. "I'd move mountains to be with you, Bella. Injuries be damned." Pulling back, he stared into my eyes and I felt that warmth and love radiating from him.

"Did you feel that way with Irina?" I asked, not really thinking. The warmth dissipated from his eyes and he pulled back slightly.

Open mouth. Insert foot. Smooth, Bella.

A/N: You knew she was going to ask. Her timing is impeccable, yes? *Dripping sarcasm* Picture of the tattoo that all of the guys, except for Edward, is on my tumblr, blog and twitter. Links for all of those are on my profile page. You can also see it on Facebook: Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation. Leave me some!

Top of Page