Chapter Forty-Six

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Forty-Six

EPOV

"Dad, stop trying to sneak a cookie," I chided, taking the bags away from him. I was too late. His shirt was covered with crumbs. Chocolate crumbs. I opened the container, seeing my rocky road cookies. I pursed my lips. Swiping one for myself, I put the cookies into the locked pantry to keep my father out and the cheesecake into the fridge.

"These are so good," Dad swooned, his mouth full of chocolate.

"You're lucky. She only makes these for people she really cares about. You're eating my cookies," I grumped, breaking my cookie in half, eating it slowly to enjoy the flavor. "They're mine and Bella and I will be having words."

"Awfully possessive of a cookie, Edward," Dad chuckled. "Or is the cookie a metaphor for the lovely Bella?"

"Don't be all smart, old man," I deadpanned. "The cookies are not a metaphor for Bella..."

"Whatever, son," Dad smirked. "I haven't seen you like this, well, ever! Not even with Irina."

"Ugh, don't say her name. Alice and I call her Voldemort," I said, finishing my cookie. "She is inherently evil and skanky and..." I shuddered. "What did I see in her?"

"I don't know, Edward. I remember her coming in for breast implants with Dr. Denali. When she woke up, she was already talking to him about her next surgery. She was as fake as a three dollar bill," Dad cringed. "She was beautiful without all of that plastic nonsense."

"No, not really," I replied blandly. "I was only seeing her with my eyes. Outwardly, yes, she was attractive, but Irina was dark and ugly on the inside."

"Not like Bella?" Dad asked softly. I shook my head, looking up at him. "Do you love her?"

"It's too soon to say anything. I could see myself falling very hard for her, Dad. She's everything I've ever looked for in a woman...smart, funny, ambitious, sexy, strong, loving...but she's been hurt. Badly."

"How badly?" he questioned.

"It's not my story, Dad. She'll tell you if she feels comfortable, but what she's been through, I'm shocked that she's up and walking around, trusting anybody," I muttered.

"You do love her," Dad mused, his face lighting up. I rolled my eyes. I cared about her, yes. Could I love her? With time, definitely but not yet. "Denial at a river in Egypt, Edward."

"Keep telling yourself that, old man," I snorted. "What are we having for dinner?"

"Roasted chicken with asparagus, ranch roasted potatoes and Greek salad," Dad said, showing me everything in the fridge. "Mom will put the food in once everyone arrives. Do you want a beer?"

"That would be great!" I smiled. Dad handed me a Stella and we went into the family room, watching a baseball game. Tenminutes later, Alice and Jasper arrived with Emmett in tow.

"Emmett's here! The party can finally start!" Emmett boomed as he walked into foyer. I snorted, looking at my best friend. He bounded into the house, hugging my father. We had adopted Emmett since his family was tied to Edwardsville because of Felicity. "What's up, Doc?" Emmett quipped.

"Same old, same old, Emmett," Dad said. "Beer?" He nodded. Dad pointed to Jasper who gave him a thumbs up. Alice kissed Dad's cheek and scampered upstairs to hang out with Mom and Bella.

"So, did you bring your girlfriend?" Emmett asked, waggling his brows.

"She's getting the tour with Mom," I answered, sipping my beer.

"How was the date?" Jasper questioned, sitting down on the sofa and swiping some nuts from the bowl on the coffee table. "Did you...?" He thrust his hips.

"Even if I did, I'm not telling you two pervs," I replied, shocked at Jasper's brazen behavior. He knew Bella's story. "We're takingthings slowly. She's in control."

"Good answer. If you had jumped into bed right away, I would have kicked your ass," Jasper snorted.

A/N: Shorter, filler chapter. Sorry about that. Up next will be the dinner and some excitement. :-) Leave me some!

Top of Page