Chapter Sixty-Six

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Sixty-Six

EPOV

I dragged my exhausted, sore body back to my condo. It had been my first shift back on the job, fully able to work with my crew. I could feel how tight my back was, but it felt great to be a functioning member of the team as opposed to being a pencil pusher for Garrett. Loved the guy, but he was not the most direct boss outside of a call.

I was about to crawl into bed when I received a text from Alice.

We need you! How do you put together a grill? ~ Ali

I grumbled. I was not in the mood to deal with my hyperactive sister. Seeing my beautiful girlfriend would be a bonus, but all I wanted to do was sleep, soak in the tub, and take some ibuprofen for my body. I did not want to set up a grill. Ali, I'm tired. Call Jas ~ E

Like he knows! He's worse than me when it comes to cooking and putting together shit ~ Ali

My phone pinged again and I saw a text from Bella. Ignore her, Edward. She's being a drama queen. I know you just got off shift. We'll figure it out. Kisses ~ Bella

I knew there was a reason why I loved my girl. She was awesome and knew how much this job could kick your ass. I smiled, texting back. I love you. I'll collect on those kisses tonight...maybe? ~ E

It's a date! ~ Bella

I turned off my phone, not wanting to be interrupted by Alice or anyone else. I closed my black-out shades and curled up on my bed, falling asleep almost instantly. When I woke up, I felt sorer than when I went to be bed. Dragging my body to the bathroom, I soaked in my tub, letting the jets pummel my lower back. Once I finished my bath, I got dressed. I kept it casual, but packed a bag to hopefully spend the night with my girl. Checking my phone, I saw no new text messages from Alice. I called Bella, asking her if I could still come over. Her response was immediate that I could. Riding down the elevator, I threw my bag into my car and drove the short distance to her home. With her newly renovated garage, there was room for my car inside. She gave me a garage door opener, saying that despite my great parking karma, my car should not be on the street.

Knocking on the door, Bella ushered me inside. She threw her arms around my neck, kissing me with her sweet, soft lips. "I'm glad you're here," she murmured, her fingers threading in my hair. "Your sister is driving me bananas."

"She's still here?" I chuckled.

"Yeah. She wants to make sure that the grill gets put together properly," Bella said, rolling her eyes. "It wasn't that hard, but neither one of us had the strength to do it. So, Alice called the store where I bought it and some guy came out to assemble it for us. This was after I nearly sat on her from driving over to your condo to make you do it."

"I'm sorry that I couldn't help," I frowned. "I would have done it."

"Edward, it's fine," Bella smiled, leading me into the kitchen. "I knew that you probably were exhausted and sore." She reached inside a drawer, placing a large tube of IcyHot on the counter. "I'm prepared to knead your muscles."

"And I'll gladly accept it, sweet girl," I laughed. "What do you need me to do now?"

"Nothing, really. We have everything ready for the barbeque." She opened the fridge, showing me the stocked shelves. "In the storage of my first floor, we have an entire refrigerator filled with beer, soda and other various alcoholic beverages. Jasper is bringing over bean bags and Emmett is manning the grill. We're good to go."

"Who's all coming?"

"You and me, Ali and Jasper, Emmett, Leah, Seth, Claire and the baby, Jacob and his girlfriend, Ben and Angela, Jessica and her boyfriend and of course, your mom," Bella smiled. "Did you speak to Garrett and Kate?"

"They have another barbeque, but said that they'd try to stop by if they can," I replied. "The rest of the guys already had otherplans or they were asked to work."

Alice breezed in with a kid that looked no older than twelve, it seemed, chattering about the grill. She thrust a fifty dollar bill into his hands, thanking him for helping out. He left and Alice walked back into the kitchen. "Now you show up?"

"Be nice, Alice," Bella warned. "We got the grill set up. No big deal." Alice gave Bella a dirty look. "Don't look at me in that tone of voice. If I had the strength, I would have done it myself. Leave Edward alone."

"Fine, fine," Alice chuckled. "Do you guys want to go out to eat? I don't want to go home and eat by myself." She pouted adorably.

"Let me just change and we go out," Bella said, wiping her hands on her short black sorts that displayed her long, sexy legs. My girlfriend kissed my cheek before darting up to her room. Alice and I talked about the barbeque, waiting for Bella. My sister also apologized for being a pain regarding the grill. I shrugged it off. I loved my sister, but I wanted to spend time with my girlfriend. The sooner we went out, the sooner Bella and I got back, the sooner I could get my massage.

Is that so wrong?

A/N: Up next will be the barbeque and some drama...and raise your hand if you want lemonade? ;-)

Top of Page