Chapter Ten

Okay, so I'm starting something new. I'm one of those writers that I have to have a ton on my plate or I get bored. I doplan on finishing all of my WIPs, but I wanted to try something different. Anyhow, this will be a drabble-ish fic. My chapters will be a thousand words or less, unless the chapters lend themselves to something longer (i.e., a lemon...). We're also going to be switching back and forth, every five chapters between our two favorite characters, Edward and Bella...

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who wantsx to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, andgo at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Ten

EPOV

Emmett ended up staying until after midnight. We watched the Cub's game, yelling at how bad the team was. After he left, I stripped out of my clothes and went to bedroom. And yes, I replaced the bed from that horrific night in case you're wondering. I read for a little bit and then snuggled in my king-sized bed to sleep. Just as I was about to slip into dreamland, my buzzer went off again.

"You've got to be kidding me," I grumbled, looking at the clock. It was just before two. I padded to the intercom. "Who is it?"

"It's meeeeee!" Alice sang drunkenly. "I forgot my keys at the shop and I can't get in."

"Are you drunk?" I asked.

"Never," Alice giggled. "Let me in, Eddie-kins!" I rolled my eyes and buzzed her up. Alice teetered off the elevator, stumbling over her feet. "Can I stay with you, Eddie?"

"No, Little Bit. You like to pee in the bed when you're drunk," I said, picking up her keys from my entryway.

"I do not," she argued, smacking at my arm blindly. She stumbled and rolled her ankle, slamming against the wall. "Ouch."

"Okay, drunkard," I said, swooping her in my arms. "I take it that you had fun with your new friend?"

"I did," Alice replied, kicking her feet as I carried her down to her condo, two floors beneath me. "She's funny and she's going to redesign my website for me! She's a graphic artist. She showed me some of her work and it's fucking cool."

"I'm sure it's great, Little Bit," I said, putting her down. She hopped on one foot, glowering at her swelling ankle. I unlocked her door and picked her back up, carrying her to the bedroom. "Put on some pajamas and I'll get stuff for your ankle. That's what you get when you walk around three sheets to the wind in those death traps." I pointed to her four inch heels which did not look even remotely comfortable.

I left my sister and went to grab some basic first aid supplies. In addition to being a fireman, I'm also a trained paramedic. I've worked with Angela and her partner, Jessica, several times, mainly if I'm injured. Two years ago, I had a support beam crash on me and caused me to crack my ribs. I was off duty for a month and a half, but Garrett wanted me off longer. However, I showed him my paramedic licensure and he put me on the schedule with Angela until I was medically cleared to work in the field.

With my hands filled with the necessary supplies, I checked on my sister. She was on her bed, snoring loudly. Rolling my eyes, I wrapped her foot with an ace bandage and stuffed a pillow underneath. Next to her bed, I left a bottle of water and some ibuprofen. Kissing her forehead, I left her condo and went back to bed.

The next day, after my workout, I checked on Alice, but she was still in a liquor coma. I decided to go grocery shopping for myself at the same store where I bumped into Bella. I was hoping that I would have good luck and see her again. Unfortunately, it didn't pan out. I just wanted to apologize for scaring her and to thank her again for the groceries. Frustrated, I went back home and again, found my sister drinking my coffee.

"We need to do a condo swap or something, Little Bit," I laughed, bringing in my groceries.

"Shhhh! Too loud," she said, drinking her coffee. "Use your inside voice."

"How much did you have to drink, Alice?" I asked, walking over to her.

"Not a lot, but it was strong," she said. "I was supposed to meet her to discuss the changes I wanted to do to my site, but I slept through it. I'm afraid that I may have fucked up my new friendship."

"She may be as hung over as you, Alice," I said, pouring some more coffee into her cup. "Have you called her?"

"I sent her a text, but she has yet to respond," Alice frowned.

"Call her, Alice. It won't hurt," I soothed, rubbing my sister's shoulders.

"I'll call her, but can you rewrap my foot?" she asked, holding up her swollen ankle. I nodded, fixing her up and actually icing it down. She finished her coffee, staring at her phone. With a sigh, she picked it up. Just as she did, it rang. Her face lit up like a Christmas tree. "Hello? You got my text? Awesome! I'm so sorry, Bella. I must had more to drink than I realized...can we still meet?"

Did she just say Bella?

A/N: Up next, we're switching back to Bella and going back in time. We're going to enjoy girl's night out at The Violet Hour and find out what happened between the two. Leave me some!

Top of Page