Chapter Ninety-One

As always, none of this is mine. I'm just the perv who want to make our beloved Twilight characters swear, drink, and go at it like horny rabbits. This story will be a combination of love, suspense, some violence and steamy, sweaty sex.

On with it!

Chapter Ninety-One

BPOV

"Alice, this is the tenth dress I've tried on," I said, standing on the small podium in her shop. It was my lunch break. Peter was holding down the fort at my office while I was trying on dresses for the banquet for the firemen, which I later found out was more of a ball. It was the Annual Firefighter's Ball and Awards Ceremony. It was black tie. My little black dress wasn't going to cut it, though it did go with the color scheme. Alice insisted on making me a gown. However, when she found out about it, the day before yesterday, it was too late. Hence, my marathon dress trying on adventure during my lunch hour. Plus, there was a dress code. It was a black and white ball. So, my dress had to be either black or white.

"Well, if you weren't a slacker and waited to the last minute, I would have made you something amazing," Alice snapped. "The ball is tomorrow, Bella! I mean, really! I don't even know what silhouette you want! I will be up most of the night making alterations! ARGH!"

"I'm sorry, Alice," I frowned, hating that I was making my friend so flustered. "Edward told me about it and I just forgot with the opening of the office, our trip, the photo shoot, Victoria..."

The body discovered in the Gold Coast Realty office had been Victoria's. She was charred to a crisp from the inside out. It was like she swallowed a bomb and the lit on fire. It wasn't for an ACL injury, resulting in a knee replacement, that we discovered her true identity. She was...she was obliterated and no one knew why. The only clue was the client she met with prior to the fire and it was an alias. Paul Kellar was a real person, behind bars for arson. He couldn't be out and about, perusing real estate properties in Chicago.

"I know. I'm sorry that I snapped," Alice said, handing me another dress. "It's just that my manufacturer is being a douche canoe. There's some issue with the fabric. I chose one color for my newest spring designs and the manufacturer is adamant on not using it. I'm this close to telling them to fuck off and find someone new, but I've used this company for as long as I've been open. It almost feels like cheating."

"Have you spoken with them?" I asked, slipping into the dressing room and trying on the eleventh dress. It was a crushed velvet off the shoulder gown with a band of jewels that started below my bust and moved down my waist, ending at my hip. It looked elegant and had a dash of sexy. The fabric was what was causing me to be leery about this dress.

"At length, but the manager said that the color that I chose was putrid and she refused to purchase the fabric," Alice snarled. "I've got a call to my attorney regarding this action since I'm employing them, but he hasn't called back. Plus, your wishy-washy attitude toward these dresses aren't making me any happier either, Swan. You dressed?"

I stepped out, walking back to the podium. The dress was not as heavy, but very sexy. I liked the close cut of the dress and the slit that went up to mid-thigh. It showed off my awesome legs. I had killer gams, supposedly. I liked the dress. I knew that Edward would undoubtedly not be able to keep his hands off me. I loved that prospect, but there was something off-putting about the dress. It seemed too plain almost.

"Hmmm, I like the cut, but you need more," Alice said, flipping my hair up and assessing my outfit. "This is pretty for New Year's Eve. We'll keep it for that shindig."

"What's New Year's Eve?" I asked, looking at Alice in the mirror.

"My parents have a big blow out at their place. It's a masquerade ball and I think this will be awesome for that. However, this is more appropriate for the Fireman's Ball," Alice said, handing me a white dress with black sequined beading on the top. "Give me the dress you're wearing and I'll hem it for you for the masquerade ball on New Year's."

With a sigh, I went back into the dressing room. Putting the slinky velvet one back on the hanger, I thrust it through the curtains. Alice's heels clicked back to her workroom in the back of her shop while I put on the white dress. This was dramatically different from anything that Alice had given me. This was a true evening gown. I held it up, looking at the cut. It was a mermaid silhouette that accented all of my finer features. I couldn't lace it up, but I could see the possibilities with this dress. Walking back out, Alice quickly laced up the back of the dress and she beamed excitedly. I turned, seeing the finished product. I ran my hands up and down my torso, reveling in the womanly curves the dress gave me. My breasts were pushed together, giving me an enticing cleavage and my waist looked so small. The dress itself was white but the top part had black sequins in a vine/floral pattern that traveled down to my knees. Starting just above my knees, the chiffon skirt flared out with a slight train. It fit me like a glove and needed very little alteration.

"This is perfect!" Alice squealed, darting to the accessories wall. She grabbed a pair of red earrings, a red chunky bracelet and swiped a pair of red peep-toe pumps. Thrusting them at me, I put them on while she scampered back to the wall and picked up a red clutch and a large red cocktail ring. "Cinderbella is all ready for the ball!"

"She is," I beamed. "Complete with my Prince Charming."

A/N: A picture of Bella's dress is on my blogs, tumblr and Facebook page (Tufano79's Twilight Fanfiction Appreciation). Not to mention twitter, too: tufano79. Up next will be getting ready for the ball and the ball itself. Pictures of the Palmer House and décor will be posted at the end of Bella's chapters. Leave me some!