Part 29 Nooks place

"Chad, want anything else?" Nook yelled from the kitchen.

"Nah... just another beer would be good." Chad replied.

Nook came back with another six pack of beer. He knew Chad had some trouble at home but hanging out with his best friend and learning how to game from him was the best. "Shall we continue?"

Chad opened his and Nooks beer. "Oyah, and this time... it's called Red Dead Redemption... that means you actually have to kill people..." he laughed.

"But I can't kill! It's not what I do for a living..." nook jokingly whined.

"It's just a game silly. Just play." Chad joked and continued the game.

***

Alice drove over to her dad's place and knocked on the door.

Nook got distracted while playing his game, he was about to win until the bell gang. "just keep playing... I'll be right back." He said to Chad as he just kept playing. He walked to the door and opened it. "Starfish? What a surprise!"

"Hey Papa, I thought I'd come by." Alice hugged her father.

"And you're most certainly welcome!" Nook let Alice and Robin in. "Just don't mind the mess.." He said as they walked into the living room that had been turn into a mini game room.

"Hey Chad..." Robin tried to hide her nerves, she didn't want him to suspect a thing. "See you still play your game at the highest level?"

"Yea.. You need it nowadays am I right?" Chad laughed and paused the game. "Shall I get you some drinks?" He asked.

"You know what I want." Robin said and sat down in between the bags of chips.

"I'm fine thanks." Alice replied and waited for Chad to come back with the drinks.

Not much later Chad came back with their liquid and sat down again, awaiting why the girls came.

Robin looked at Alice and back to the 2 gentlemen on the couch. "We uhm, we got some bad news..." She held on to Alices hand for support. "We think Storybrooke might be in danger..."

"That doesn't sound good, aye does it?"

Chad looked confused, he had never experienced the danger zone here in Storybrooke. "What do you mean?"

"We were walking in the forest and this strange man was talking to someone, we couldn't see who." Alice gave Zelena a cover. "We only heard the person call him scar. After that we got away. We've never seen him before."

"Scar...." It sounded ridiculous for Chad. "He's real?"

"Says the guy who married the former wicked witch..." Nook tried to crack up the mood a little bit but it wasn't a success. "Ohkay... Do we know what this Scar wants? Have you seen any details of the person with him, Starfish?"

"He's real and no I didn't see any details of the person with him, sorry." Alice said kind of disappointed.

"We only know that he's planning something bad." Robin added to Alice her part. "We have to protect the people that we love but until that time, we need to prepare..."

"Can we help?" Chad was still confused. Even though he lived in this fairytale world now, every day seemed like a new adventure.

"Just stay where you are, we might could be losing people if we go outside... me and Alice are also going home after this."

"Can't you girls spend the night here? Chad got one guest room, so you can have the other?"

"Wait, what?" Robin acted like she didn't know what was going on. "Why do you stay over at Nooks and not together with mom? She said you 2 have date night tonight."

"Well, she isn't having date night with me, that's for sure. It's complicated..." Was the only thing Chad could reply. "But you girls could stay the night?"

"That would be nice, but we don't want to bother you guys though." She knew Robin felt uncomfortable around Chad at the moment

"Oh No! You don't! I've missed my girl at home since you moved out." Nook took his beer and sipped it. "Wanna join the game?"

"Uhm... sure..." Robin really felt awkward but she didn't let it known. She took the controller and played the rest of the afternoon with Alice, her stepfather and her father-in-law games.

***

Emma got home from work. She knew Regina had picked up Hope from daycare.  "Hey!" She yelled through the house. She walked into the kitchen where Regina was cooking dinner.  "You didn't have to do that."

Regina felt Emma's arms wrapped around her waist and smiled.  "I wanted to and you know you're not the best at cooking." She laughed as she heard Emma scoff.

Regina turned around in Emma's arms and kissed her softly. "So how was your day?"

"Quite calm. There didn't really happen anything. It's been really calm lately." Emma smiled at Regina. "Where's Hope?"

"She fell asleep on the way home and I didn't want to wake her so she's in bed. I hope she'll sleep tonight too though."

"She probably will." Emma didn't let Regina go just yet.

"Now let me get back to the food." Regina chuckled and gave Emma another kiss.

"Fine," Emma let go of Regina, "do you need any help?" She asked.

"No, I got it, thanks." She said. She wanted to avoid the topic Zelena for today but she knew she couldn't. 

"What do you think Zelena and Scar are planning?" Emma asked.

"I don't know honestly. It's a mystery to me."

"I never thought he would be real though, like it's weird." Emma shrugged.

"Well, why not? All the others are real so why not Scar. I mean it's a bit weird but still who are we to say that. You're the daughter of snownwhite and charming and I'm the Evil Queen." Regina chuckled.

"I gues you're right." She says realizing this whole town is just freaking weird.

"ofcourse I am."