Part 75 'Ready for the real world?'

It wasn't far from the wedding to the farm house but Zelena had to take the car. Elphie was sleeping in the back with the stuffed animal sloth she had gotten from her father at birth. Not much later she arrived at the house and carefully carried her youngest inside and laid her on the couch. The witch looked at the huge clock, standing in the middle of the large wall. 10pm. He should have been here by now. She walked upstairs to Elphies bedroom, got her little pink suitcase and carried it downstairs again. Placing it next to the couch. She sat next to Elphie and lifted up her head to rest it on her upper leg, stroking her beautiful black hair.

***

"So, what are your plans now?" Robyn asked.

"We're leaving for Paris tomorrow." Regina smiled, she was really excited to finally go there after the amazing stories she heard about the place. Even though she was fearing the flight, this would be an adventure to never forget.

"That sounds amazing! Al and I always wanted to go but we didn't had the time yet. You girls enjoy it, how many weeks?" Robin smiled at the love birds.

"I'm sure Alice and you can go sometime soon. Where is she by the way?" Emma looked around but didn't see her. "We'll be in Paris for about a week and after that we'll also visit Amsterdam."

"I heard someone say my name." Alice appeared out of nowhere together with the not so little anymore Hope.

"There's my beautiful lady." Robin held Alice in her arms.

"Moms!" Hope appeared from behind Alice and ran towards Regina and Emma.

Regina saw their flower girl running towards them. "Hey princess, there you are!"

"Hope you're getting so big, please stop growing." Robin joked.

Hope smiled at her niece. "I'm sorry. Can't really help it." She said with a bit of sarcasm.

"Regina, you should stop using sarcasm around her. She's already using it." Emma whispered in Regina's ear.

"I'm sorry, can't really help it." Regina repeated Hope's words with a chuckle. She kissed Emma's lips softly. "She looks more and more like you every day. It's so cute."

"What are you talking about?" Hope eyed her both of her moms curiously.

"I said that you look like your mother, just as beautiful." Regina poked the girl in her sides.

Robin saw her niece blushing. "Hey, you know that's the biggest compliment ever. No one looks as beautiful as your mom, Hope." She looked at Alice and gave her a kiss on the cheek. "Shall we head home?" she whispered in her ear.

"Yes." Alice smiled at her girlfriend. "The wedding was absolutely wonderful." She said to Emma and Regina

"What my wife said." Robin chuckled and kissed her on the cheek. "What do you say, are you ready for 2 weeks at our place?" She looked at the 9 year old.

Hope nodded enthusiastically. "Yes!" She yelled out. She loves spending time with Robin and Alice

"You got your bags?"

"Her bags are in the back." Emma and Regina walked to the back to see Hope off to her stay over. They were gonna miss her loads but they knew she was in good hands.

***

A car stopped at the house. The engine stopped running. "Elphie, dad's here." Zelena whispered in her daughters ear. The little one was more asleep then awake. She let her daughter sleep on the couch and went to the door.

Chad saw a beautiful lady, dressed in a deep green dress open the door. "Wow, you look-" He leaned over to kiss Zelena's cheek but she turned away.

"Spare your breath, Green." Zelena let him stand at the door and walked back to Elphie, she was starting to wake up from her power nap. "Are you coming?"

"I don't want to go." Elphie yawned and sat up straight. "Why can't daddy stay here?"

Zelena crouched down next to Elphie. "Well, daddy doesn't live here, my munchkin but that's why you're staying at daddy's tonight." She knew the sadness and incomprehension that was going through her daughters mind. "It's just one day. You can sleep in your own bed tomorrow again." She heard the footsteps in the hall. "Are you coming?" She asked one more time. "Daddy's waiting."

Elphie stood up gave her mother a hug. "I love you." She kissed her on the nose and got her suitcase in her hand. "Hi daddy." She yawned.

"Hi little one." Chad was happy to see his daughter again after a month. "Are you ready for the real world?" He looked at his ex-wife who rolled her eyes.

"This is the same real world for Elfreda as earth, don't pretend Green..." Zelena sighed. He always saw an opportunity to rub it in one way or another.

Chad wanted to answer Elphie's Mother to prove she was wrong but his daughter interrupted him. "Daddy, come..." She already walked to the car, waiting for her dad to come after her.

Zelena avoided Chads gaze. "I'll see you tomorrow." He went over to zelena but she walked away. "I miss you." He said after her but she already had gone upstairs, he got no response back. He closed the door and walked to the car. Got the suitcase in the trunk and Elphie took place herself on the back seat. He looked over his shoulder. Elphie held on tight to her stuffed animal sloth and had fasten her seatbelt. He gave one more look at the house but all the lights were out. He started the engine and rode away.