Part 67 sadness hits

Zelena stopped Chad from leaving and placed her hands on his hips. "Why are you always so slow in the morning, if I was too busy you had to open the the door half naked..." she teased her husband.

Chad tossed Zelena's hair. "You would actually enjoy that, don't you?" He placed his hands on her lower back.

"Well, I wouldn't mind you being naked... as long as it is for me." Zelena led her left hand up from his hip to his neck. "I wouldn't mind that at all." She chuckled.

Chad chuckled as well and kissed her teasingly. "Tonight is another chance for you, then Hope won't be around and as Robin and Alice are still not themselves. There's no one who could disturb us, right?"

"This is such a lovely thought to start the morning..." Zelena smirked. The beeping of the oven interrupted the pair. She walked over to the oven and got the last batch of Hopes cookies out of the oven. It was the left overs from yesterday.

Emma looked over to Zelena and Chad and saw their happiness. A wave of sadness hit her. She missed Regina a lot. Tears started to form in her eyes. What did she do to deserve this?

"Mommy okay?" Hope stood on her chair and transferred herself to her moms lap.

Emma nodded and tried to keep her tears in. "I'm fine princess." She hugged Hope tight

"I love you." Hope whispered and gave her mom many wet kisses on the cheek.

Emma smiled sadly at her daughters actions. She was the cutest ever. "I love you too princess."

***

Chad and Zelena came back, they were still a little childish in their behaviour. They didn't pay attention at Emma's sadness. All they saw was Hope being cute. "Look at you two cuties." Zelena smiled and sat down next to Chad. She put her hand on his upper leg under the table. "You want some of Hope's croissants?"

"Yea, sure." Emma tried her best to hide her sadness as. Hope still had her little arms around Emma.

"Do you want to eat with Mommy or your own chair?" Zelena asked while she passed Emma the croissants.

"With mommy." Hope felt like her mom needed her now more then ever.

Emma got a croissant, hope would probably end up eating hers anyway. She looked up and still Chad and Zelena had almost only eyes for each other. Even though Emma and Hope were present at their table, Chad couldn't take his eyes off his wife. Her beauty had changed somehow. She was glowing.

"Don't uncle Chaddy eat?" Hope questioned.

Chad snapped out of his trance. "I will..." he smiled and took a croissant for himself, still glimpsing at Zelena.

***

Emma got up and placed Hope on her chair. "I'm ehm sorry." She mumbled before she run off to the bathroom. She locked the door and let herself slide down the wall, finally allowing herself to cry.

"Emma?" Zelena was confused about what just happened. "I'll talk to her." She stood up, leaving Hope and Chad alone what probably wouldn't be such a great thing to do and walked over to the bathroom downstairs. "Ems? What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Emma tried as she was sobbing. She wrapped her arms around her knees and hid her face.

"Emma, I can hear you sobbing..."

Emma got up and unlocked the door. She almost immediately sat down again and watched as Zelena came walking in. Zelena closed the door behind her and sat down on the edge of the bath. "What's getting you down? Is it Regina?"

"Yes.." Emma tried to dry her tears. "It's just... I.." She couldn't get the words right. "I miss her, Hope keeps asking about her and Roni... just it's Roni and not Regina. I don't know anymore." She looked up to her friend. "And you and Chad aren't making my situation any better..."

"I'm so sorry, we weren't thinking." Zelena put an arm around her best friend. "It's gonna be okay, now it's hard to face the cursed people we love but we'll make them remember..."

Emma laid her head on Zelena's shoulder. "How? I suck at making potions. I read a lot about making people remember and one was ofcourse true loves kiss but Roni called me her fuckbuddy this morning."

Zelena couldn't help but laugh slightly. She knew the tone Roni would pronounce it. "You're her fuckbuddy?"

"I guess I am." Emma looked at her bestfriend. "Was she like this all the time when she was cursed?"

"Yea... pretty much. She lived a rock girl life. It's so not Regina..." Zelena chuckled. "I will go through my mother's spell book today to see if I could find some spells, maybe the solution is in there."

"It totally isn't her, it's so weird and thank you, if I can do something to help just tell me." Emma had stopped sobbing by now.

"You can take care of your little monkey. She is one ball of energy and we made her pretty exhausted yesterday."

"There's no stopping her, I know." Emma chuckled softly. "She's the absolute cutest."

"What do you say. Shall we get back to our loved ones?" Zelena stood up.

Emma nodded. She wiped away the tears that were still on her cheeks. "Let's go." She got up too and they walked back to the table.

***

"There's mommy again!" Hope chuckled and got off her hair, leaving a big mess behind at the table.

Emma hugged Hope. "Yes here I am again. What do you want to do today?" Emma looked over at the mess at the table. "I'll help you clean up."

"Don't worry, I'll handle it." Chad said and saw Emma looking even more relieved.

"I wanna go to the movies!" Hope said when she looked into her moms eyes.

"Okay! Then we'll go see a movie!" Emma was feeling a lot better than before. "Are you guys coming too?" She asked the couple who once again couldn't act their age.

Zelena rested her head against Chads chest. "We're good. Besides I'm making sure Regina, Robin and Alice remember again." She saw Emma smile and not much later they said their goodbyes and Hope gave a lot of hugs, including a hug for the baby.