Part 38 confession

Regina got to her car and let the tears fall down. She texted Emma with only a "We need to talk." She ignored the calls Emma made and tried to calm herself down before she would drive over to Emma's place. She knocked on the door. Emma opened it.

"God! Regina I was so worried. You weren't picking up my calls. I thought something happened to you." Emma let Regina in. She now saw that Regina had been crying.

"Something uhm happened." Regina mumbled. She had tried to think of the words she would say on her way here but all of them seem to have vanished.

"What? What happened Regina?" Emma couldn't take this anymore. Regina was acting so weird all of the sudden.

"I.. uhm.. went to check on Chad. He asked me if I could come to the open place in the woods. I was worried so I went there. We were talking and just.." Regina trailed off. Thinking back to it made her sick in her stomach

Emma led Regina to the living room and sat her down. She took Regina's hands in her own. She didn't know what to expect. "What happened after that?"

"He kissed me and I pushed him away. I- I. This is such a mess I'm sorry." Regina started to cry again. She had fucked up so badly.

***

Chad walked back from the woods to Nooks house, he knew Robin and Alice were already gone to their house to look after their rabbits.

Nook heard the door was being open. "Chad, mate. That you?"

"Yea it's me..." Chad theee the keys on the side table and got to the livingroom.

"You're looking terrible... what happened? Is it your love?" Nook asked while he got a rum out of the cellar.

"Thanks," Chad accepted the strong drink. "I just fucked up... I fucked it allll up." He said and shot the drink.

Nook felt the awkwardness that Chad was going through. "Aye. If there's anything I can do for you? You know it."

***

"He did what? You did what?" Emma needed to process everything. "HE KISSED YOU? How could you let that happen?" Emma wasn't thinking about what she was saying.

This only made Regina sob harder than before. "I-I pushed him away. I didn't want to." She managed to get out between sobs

Emma walked into the kitchen and took a drink. She didn't care anymore that she had a nightshift. She got back to the living room and saw Regina curled up in a little ball on the couch. Her body was shaking. Emma felt guilty but still angry. She sat down next to Regina and wrapped her arms around her. No matter how mad she is she couldn't see Regina like this.

Regina leaned in to the touch. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry." She kept mumbling over and over into Emma's chest.

"Shhh" Emma first tried to calm Regina down before they had to talk about this.

***

"Thanks, but I guess I need some time alone..." Chad walked over to the bottle to take another shot. "Maybe it's better if I leave town for a while."

"Why, no! I can't be away from my best friend for ever. Not to mention your family here, think of Robin and Alice, Zelena, Emma and Regina... your future child..." Nook knew deep inside that this couldn't convince him.

"I'm afraid it won't work out between Zel and me. The kid has to grow up without it's real father..." Chad drank a few shots. "My father was right. Marrying a woman like her was a big mistake." He said as he felt himself beginning lightly tipsy.

***

Regina controlled her crying after a while and pulled back from Emma's embrace. "I'm so sorry." She whisperer once again.

"Stop saying that." Emma wiped Regina's tears away. "Tell me exactly what happened."

Regina nodded. "Well, he was missing Zelena and I told him everything would be okay. He kept looking me in the eyes, which is like okay I guess. Later he took my hand at first I didn't take it back, later I did. He said I looked nervous, I told him I wasn't and looked back at him. He got closer and I moved back. He stroked my cheek and kissed me. I pushed him away and left." Regina tried to explain the situation as best as she could. She looked back at Emma and saw the hurt in her eyes. "I'm so so sorry I let that happen." She wanted Emma to say something.

"Well.. I.. uhm.. I'm glad you told me right away. Clearly he was hurt and searched some kind of comfort." Emma couldn't find the right words to say.

"I'm sorry." Regina said again. "It didn't mean anything. I love you and only you." Again she was crying.

Emma couldn't help but smile at Regina. "I love you too. But, that doesn't take away the fact that I'm so fucking angry at Chad. What was he thinking?! I'm so done with him."

***

"Chad, what are you saying?" Nook was confused.

Chad walked in a wiggly line back to the couch. "I'm gonna tell my parents Zelena's pregnant... it better be now then when the brat is born."

Nook had no idea what to say. It was clear his friend acted drunk when he was in trouble. He also knew Chad loved children as long as they weren't his own. "Give your phone to me. I'll keep it safe." He said and Chad gave his phone. Luckily it was easy to convince him when he was drunk. He couldn't let Chad call his parents to make it more messed up.

Chad yawned. "Well, I'm off to bed."

"Mate, it's 5... I just started dinner before you came home..."

"Mehh... check if Alice and Robin want the rest... I'm not hungry." Chad said and left off to bed. This day was one of te most ashamed days of his life.