Part 105

Hey everyone, I hope you all had a good Christmas and new year, sending you all love and light for 2021.❤️
Here's my next update, enjoy x

*Dakota's POV*

We celebrated the new year with Jamie's dad and Sam. Amelia ended up coming to Ireland a few days before New Year's Eve to surprise Dulcie; which was lovely for Dulcie. She stayed in a hotel that night and then we said bye to her and Dulcie before they went back to America.

I had a meeting with the hospital in Ireland the day after New Year's Day and they said we would be fine to go back home now, as they were happy with how I've taken to the medicine they had given me. It was sad to leave Sam and Jim after spending so much time with them, but I was so grateful that they both took care of us all whilst we was there.

We've been home for two days and it's been amazing to get back into a routine. The day before yesterday we opened the rest of our Christmas presents we had at home and Jamie took all of Dulcie's to Amelia's for her. My mom came over yesterday to see us. It's been nearly a month since we last saw her and it was really nice to see her. They had a great Christmas holiday in Aspen.

My mom took Charlotte for a few nights, so today, for our third year anniversary of when we first got together, it's just me and Jamie. After the crazy time we had over Christmas and the panic with everything that happened with our baby boy, we're going to have a day for us to just spend time together.

When I wake the bed is empty on Jamie's side. I pout and slide from under the covers, putting one of Jamie's t-shirts on before heading in search of my husband. I follow the smell of pancakes that fill my nostrils as I get to the bottom of the stairs. "Something smells amazing" I smile as I enter the kitchen.

"Someone looks amazing" he whistles as I walk through and I giggle shyly, leaning to kiss him. "Morning" I smile shyly, heading to the fridge and getting the carton of fresh orange juice out. "Good morning baby.. did you sleep well?" He asks me and I nod as I drink.

"I did thank you.. happy anniversary" I smile again, wrapping my arms around him and kissing him gently. "Happy anniversary baby" he kisses me back, pulling away to plate up our pancakes and bacon. "Could we go for a nice walk today? Just a little one.. on the beach or something" I ask as we begin eating our breakfast.

"Of course. Whatever you want to do" he smiles, taking my hand as he sits beside me. We eat in silence and when we've both done I get up and take the dishes away, placing them in the dishwasher. "Come on, let's go get ready" he smiles lovingly, taking my hand and heading upstairs with me.

We change into clothes that are suitable for the beach, it's nice out today so Jamie is wearing shorts and a polo top and I'm wearing a baggy gray t-shirt with a pair of gym leggings that come to my knees.

We decide on taking Zepp with us, so I get him onto his lead and we get our sandals on before leaving. The walk to the beach from our house isn't far, it takes us five minutes and once we're there I let Zepp off his lead; the beach is quiet so I thought we could let him run around a while.

———————

"We need to think about decorating baby's room" Jamie pulls me from my thoughts, we're walking along the sand by the water; the waves crashing at our feet. It's still quiet and Zepp walks ahead of us, my hand is in Jamie's and he's carrying my sandals with his in his other hand.

"Yeah.. we need to think of names too" I mumble,  looking towards the sea. "Hey what's up?" He squeezes my hand so I look up at him. "Nothing.. just thinking" I smile slightly and he nods a bit, but i feel his eyes on me when I look away. He knows something isn't right.