Part 24

Here's another update!! Thank you so much for the comments so far, I love reading them!
Enjoy;

*Dakota's POV*

Christmas break has flew by, we spent a few days with my family once Dulcie went back to Amelia. We've decided to spend New Year's Eve with my family too, mom's hosting a little party with us, my grandma Tippi, dad and Kelley, Grace and Stella, Jesse, Deacon and I know she invited Jasper and Alex but I'm not sure they're coming.

It's New Year's Eve, we've just got ready and had breakfast with my mom and Stella, we're now chatting whilst we finish our coffees. "Hey Stella, Jamie got me a spa day for Christmas, wanna come with me? I might ask Grace too" I smile, finishing my coffee. "Sounds fun! I'm up for that" she smiles and I nod, putting my cup in the sink and turning to Jamie.

"Shall we get going?" I ask him to which he nods and stands, getting his coat on. "Where you going?" Stella asks, raising her eyebrow at us. "We just need to run a few errands for later" I kiss her cheek, getting my coat on.

"Tell mama I said we'll be back later" I take Jamie's hand and grab my bag then walk hand in hand with him to our car. Once we get in I turn to him, he's smiling shyly at me. "You okay?" I pout, stroking his hand. "Amelia never let me go to many of the baby appointments.. especially the first one, so thank you" he says quietly and I frown at him.

"Jamie, for one, I'm not her.. and secondly, this baby inside of me is half of you, why would I keep you from seeing it grow?" I sigh rubbing my head. "I'm sorry.." he whispers and I sigh again, looking to him. "Let's just go, I don't want to be late for our first ever appointment" I squeeze his hand gently before letting go.

I hear him sigh as we pull out from my moms drive and head to the doctors. We check in and the receptionist sends us to a private waiting room. "I'm sorry" he says quietly, reaching for my hand. I smile slightly and squeeze his hand just as I'm called into the room.

"Good morning Miss Johnson, I'm Dr Naomi how can I help you today" we shake her hands as we take a seat. "I did a home pregnancy test and it said I was about 5 weeks pregnant, we just wanted to make sure" I smile slightly and she nods, typing stuff onto her computer before handing me a little pot.

"If you could just get me a sample Miss Johnson" she smiles kindly and directs me to the toilet which is just outside her office. I go back to them minutes later and hand her the pot, sitting back next to jamie.

We watch as she sticks a white stick into my wee sample with a slight frown on her face. We sit in awkward silence for a few minutes, then she beams up at me. "You're definitely pregnant Miss Johnson."

I beam back at her, turning to Jamie and smiling shyly before looking back to her. "Is it too early for a scan?" I wrinkle my nose and she chuckles at me. "Let's have a look, what did your home test say?" She asks as she goes over to the bed, we follow and I take my coat off and hand it to Jamie, who sits on the chair beside the bed.

"It said I was around five weeks pregnant" I say, lifting my top up. Jamie takes my hand and kisses it gently, I smile shyly at him before looking back to Dr Naomi. "Okay, this may be cold" she says and I squirm as she squirts the cold gel on my stomach.

Jamie chuckles from beside me and I laugh too. She then takes the probe and gently starts to move it across my stomach, smudging the gel across in the process. I watch the screen nervously. She pauses it and points to a little white blob on the screen.

"There's your baby" she smiles to us, me and Jamie both grinning back. "Like a little bean" I whisper giggling as I get tears in my eyes. "I'd say you're about six weeks now, you would've conceived at the end of November or beginning of December." She smiles before continuing.