Part 73

It's been a while I know, I'm sorry! Hope you're all doing okay, it's the countdown to Christmas... YAY!
Enjoy this update x

*Dakota's POV*

It's been a few weeks since I went dress shopping with my mom and sisters and Kelley. We only have a few more days and then it's Christmas. Our first Christmas as a family of four and I couldn't be more excited.. Dulcie is coming over to stay with us from today and I know Jamie is excited to see her, as he hasn't seen her since we went to see him in Ireland.

"Hey baby, let me take you all for food later when Dulcie arrives" he smiles, leaning to kiss my lips gently as I sit on the floor in the sitting room with Charlotte. "Sounds nice.." I nod smiling as he sits near us on the sofa. Charlotte's sat between my legs, managing to hold herself up whilst she holds onto the teddy that Dulcie picked for her at the zoo a while ago. She squeals and babbles to herself whilst I rest my head against Jamie's knee.

"What time is Amelia dropping her off?" I ask, looking up at him as he strokes my hair. "She said about an hour" he smiles and I nod, kissing him gently as he leans down to kiss me. "We should take them to that theme park around the corner from us.. they have a Santa Claus grotto style thing there" I grin as I stand up, going over to the table and sitting Charlotte in the high chair.

"Oh that would be fun actually.. though, we're nearly sorted for Christmas and she has all her presents" he chuckles and I wrinkle my nose up as I grab a yogurt from the fridge, sitting beside Charlotte as she gets excited and squeals with delight. "Is my cheeky monkey excited for her banana yogurt today?" I grin, opening the yogurt and placing her plastic spoon inside.

She squeals again as I scoop a tiny bit out and place it to her lips. She opens straight away and takes the whole mouthful of yogurt. "Baby could you pass me a bib please??" I smile over at Jamie as he watches us, grinning. He picks one up from the wash pile and sits facing me, the opposite side of Charlotte. I watch as he gently puts her bib around her neck.

"She's such a messy baby" I giggle, putting more yogurt to her mouth. She grins and takes it, getting it all around her mouth as she eats it "she must take after her mommy" he smirks and I gasp, nudging his leg with my foot under the table. "That's so cheeky!" I pout and he grins, leaning to kiss me gently as the door goes.

"Must be Dulcie" I smile looking to the entrance of the kitchen as she wanders through slowly. "Hey baby" he grins at her and she smiles "hi daddy.. hi Kota" she comes over and stands beside her sisters highchair, taking her hand gently. "Hello char char" she kisses her hand and Charlotte squeals, kicking her feet around as her eyes gaze at Dulcie widely.

"She's missed her big sister" I say watching them as Dulcie just smiles shyly, kissing charlotte's hand again before hugging her daddy and me. There's something wrong, I can sense it. "We thought we could go and see Santa?" Jamie says as I finish off giving Charlotte the rest of her yogurt. She holds her mouth open for more and then frowns.

"It's all gone, greedy" I pout lifting her. "Okay daddy.. I'll take my bag to my room" she smiles, lifting her little backpack and taking it upstairs. I watch her go as Jamie helps me clean Charlotte up. "There's something wrong with her" I say to him quietly. "You think?" He looks to me as he lifts Charlotte onto his hip.

"Definitely.. she's not herself" I shake my head and he frowns. "I haven't really noticed a difference" he shrugs and I frown. "Jamie she's hardly said a word..." I start but he interrupts me. "She'll speak to us if she needs to" he snaps at me slightly, causing me to frown. "Babe I'm sor.." he begins but it's my turn to interrupt him.

"Just leave it Jamie" I wave my hand at him, going to get my shoes on as Dulcie wanders back through. I hear him sigh but I don't bother going back through to him. He was so wrong for snapping at me then. "Ready to go?" He smiles to Dulcie and she nods, thanking me once I help her fasten her coat.