Part 44

Hello! Sorry it's been so long, I've wrote up until the birth but I'm having trouble thinking of what to write next ☹️ if you have any suggestions let me know!! Enjoy this little update!😘

*Dakota's POV*

"Miss Johnson" we stand as my name gets called into the midwifes room. We got back from our baby moon yesterday afternoon, after having the nicest and most relaxing break away. It's something we both needed, especially after the crash and worry about Jamie. We both came back feeling relaxed and ready for our family to begin.

"Thank you" I smile sweetly as Jamie holds the door for me to enter the midwifes room. He follows after me and we take a seat at the desk. "Dakota, Jamie.. how're you both doing?" She asks us as she takes a seat. "We're doing real good.. everything's set ready for her to come. Her rooms decorated, everything set up ready" I say excitedly and Jamie chuckles beside me, squeezing my hand as I blush slightly.

"I'm glad to hear.. so today, I just need to have a feel around and check she's gotten herself in position okay, there's an option to do a 3d scan to see her if you like, then we can go through your birth plan" she smiles sweetly at me and I grin, nodding.

"Good, did you want to get yourself comfy on the bed over there for me, I'll back in a few minutes" she announces before leaving the room. Together we walk to the bed and I get up onto it carefully, taking my jacket off and laying back, Jamie takes the seat beside me and smiles. "What do you think about the 3D scan?" He asks.

"Shall we do it?" I Wrinkle my nose and he nods shyly, chuckling. "Let's see who she looks like!" I giggle as Jamie leans down and gently kisses my head. Naomi walks back through the door with a dvd in her hand. "So, 3D scan?" She asks as she takes a seat on the chair and wheels over to us with the ultrasound machine.

"I think we'll have one please" i smile and she grins, nodding. I lift my top up and she squirts the gel over my bump, using the probe to find out baby. She clicks something on the screen and it changes to 3D. In a sepia colour we can see our girls head, her eyes closed.

"Oh wow.." I whisper mesmerised as Jamie squeezes my hand. "She's got your nose" he chuckles and I grin at him before turning to the screen. "Let's just check her weight.." she says to herself as she presses a few buttons. "She weighs around five pound ten. I'll get you a few print out photos and then we've just recorded it for you to keep on this DVD" she says, holding up the dvd case she has. We both thank her as we watch our baby fidget on the screen in 3D. Her little eyes blinking and her hands curled up by her face.

"Here you go.. you can wipe your stomach now" she smiles at me, handing Jamie the folded card with the photos in and the DVD. I wipe the gel from my bump and using her hands, she gently probes at my bump, feeling around it.

"By the look and the feel of things, she's gotten herself comfortably ready to arrive whenever she feels" she chuckles and I giggle. "Really? I'm excited" I grin to her as she nods. "So, she could come early?" Jamie asks her. "She could, but she might not. It's all down to her.." she smiles as we go back over to the desk and take our seats.

"I think we'll go for six days overdue before we think about inducing you" she types onto her computer and presses save. "She better not be six days late!" I pout and Jamie chuckles. "Just keep yourself moving, walk wherever you can, once it's your due date if there's no sign of her the try eating food with a little bit of spice, it's only a myth but quite a few ladies swear by it" she smiles at me and I nod.

"Yes, I've been looking at ways to get my waters to break naturally" I smile shyly and squeeze Jamie's hand. "Next thing is your birth plan? We just need to know who needs to be there, what you need" she says

"Well, it's just me and Jamie, I'm not having any other family there.. you'll be there and then any other nurses you need too, but that's it. I want a normal birth, no birth pool, maybe a birthing ball but I'm not really too picky about that" I say as she nods and takes notes.

"Sounds fine, we'll need to know whether you'll want any pain relief during labour?" She asks me and Jamie chuckles, turning to me. "I think we'll go without for now.. I'll try it with none, but will it be available if I change my mind?" I pout and she nods, typing on the computer. "Yes it'll be there if you change your mind" she replies, smiling kindly.

"You're gonna try without?" Jamie smirks beside me and I nod, nudging him gently as I giggle. "Yes" I narrow my eyes at him and he smirks. "Okay, I think that's everything, so next time I'll see you both hopefully we'll be bringing a new life into the world" she smiles warmly at the both of us and I grin shyly.

"Thank you so much! We'll see you soon" I say as we hug and Jamie shakes her hand before we leave and head back to the car. There's a few paps hanging around but they don't faze me. "It all seems so real now! We're about to have a baby" Jamie grins as he leans to kiss me gently. "It's crazy right? I'm about to become a mommy!?" I say as we get into the car.

"You're going to be the best mommy ever baby" he pecks my nose gently and starts the car. "I'll try to be" I wrinkle my nose and put my seatbelt on whilst Jamie drives us home.

---

"Baby, have you got a dress sorted for the red carpet event tomorrow?" Jamie calls to me as he's drying after our bath. "I have.. me and Grace picked one" I reply, sliding on a pair of shorts and a vest top.

"Can I see it?" He asks as he wanders into the bedroom, getting some boxers from his drawers and putting them on before getting into bed as I do the same.

"Yessss... tomorrow" I smirk as he leans over and gently kisses me. "That's so unfair.. I need to match my tie" he pouts and I giggle, running my fingers through his hair gently. "A silver tie should go perfect" I whisper, gazing into his eyes before kissing him again. He smiles and leans back, resting his hand over my bump where she's kicking.

"We're not going to be able to hide this tomorrow " he pouts, looking at me. "I don't want to.. " I smile shyly and he grins. "Me either baby..". "We'll just be careful what information we give them about her.. I'm not sure what I want them to know yet" I giggle and Jamie nods.

"Maybe just how far you are? If they ask about gender what shall we do?" He asks and I shrug slightly. "Maybe just avoid it?" I giggle and he nods. "Okay its a deal.." he smiles, leaning to kiss me once more before resting his head against his pillow.

"How do you feel after today?" He asks me, nervously I think, meaning after seeing our midwife. "I feel loads better now she knows what we want.. I really like her, she's easy to trust, I think we're in good hands with her" I smile shyly and he nods. "I agree, she'll look after you I'm sure of it" he kisses my hand gently.

"I'm so shocked at the fact I'm about to be a mommy, like, that's all I've ever wanted.. you're making my dreams truly come true" I whisper, smiling shyly at him. "She's going to love you unconditionally.. like I do and just like Dulcie does.." he replies, kissing my nose before leaning over and kissing my bump through my vest top. "Like we love daddy unconditionally" I grin, wrapping my arms around him and he holds me close as we slowly fall to sleep.

Comments appreciated as always