Part 92

Hello everyone!
I've been so busy I'm sorry I've neglected this story a little. How are you all doing? I hope you're all keeping safe!
Sending everyone my thoughts❤️
Enjoy x

*Dakota's POV*

I've been with Ro since early this morning. My mom kindly offered to have Charlotte for me. I haven't heard from Jamie since last night, but I imagine he will be home tonight. We're just having a lunch break and I have chance to check my phone. There's a text from Jamie.

'Do you have Charlotte with you? x'

'She's with my mom x'

I reply, sighing as I put my phone down. "What's up?" Ro sits beside me, folding her arms across her chest. "What?" I frown a bit, finishing my salad. "You're not yourself, you're being too quiet I don't like it." She watches me as I play with the sleeve of my hoodie.

"Jamie stayed at Amelia's house last night" I say quietly and she gasps. "what the fuck?! Are you serious?" She gapes at me open mouthed. "It's not like that.. he told me it was for Dulcie.. something happened I'm not sure but she wanted him there" I shrug a bit.

"Okay but that's not okay.. that's all kinds of wrong D?" she pouts and i nod. "I know I know.. I couldn't stop him, I don't wanna be that kind of wife.." I shrug, looking down at my hands on the table. "Oh girl" she pouts, wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"We argued.. he didn't see how wrong it was.. that's like me going to stay at my ex's house? It's not right. Imagine if I went to stay with Chris for the night? He'd go crazy" I sigh. "That's true.. I know he went for his daughter but there's no need for him to stay over.." she frowns a bit.

"I thought the same... did you see the news articles?" I whisper, watching her as she nods slowly. "I'm so annoyed and upset with him. Yesterday I was made to feel second best and a wife should never, ever feel like that..." I look down. "Or is that me being selfish? I don't know" I shrug and she takes my hand.

"That's not selfish at all. No one especially you, should ever feel second best. Make him understand that." She squeezes my hands and I smile sadly. "I try.. I just hate when we fight" I take a sip of my water. "Talk calmly to one another, don't let it get too heated" she pulls me into her arms, hugging me.

"Hey, let's get out of here and have a girly afternoon" she grins, grabbing her bag and her phone. "Are you sure?" I giggle a bit, packing my bag away. "Hell yeah. I'm too tired for this" she grins cheekily, switching off her laptop and grabbing my hand; practically dragging me out the door as I giggle.

—————

We've been to get our nails done and then Ro paid for us to have a pedicure. We both leave the beauty salon feeling well pampered. My mood soon takes a nosedive when I'm hounded by the paps as we leave.

We run over to Ro's car and jump in. She speeds off and I take a deep breath, resting my head back. "They're so relentless.. I really don't think I have the energy for it" I run my head and she frowns a bit. "Let Jamie sort it. I would. He caused the mess" she rolls her eyes and I giggle a bit. "I think I might have to." I say, looking out the window as she drops me home.

"Take the next few days off D.. we've done so much work recently have a nice break, sort your man out" she smiles at me and I smile back. "Thank you.. I'll have my laptop for email if I need to, I can work from home." I chuckle. "Might just let him suffer for a few days." I say and she laughs.