Part 47

I love reading your comments, they encourage me so so much! Thank you for all the lovely words about the Labour update, I was so nervous about that but I'm so glad you all loved it! Here's another little one!
Enjoy x
(Just to clarify! I'm going to have to change things up a little, so the baby was actually born on July 30th, and her due date should've been 2nd August instead of 2nd September!! Sorry if this confuses everyone!)

*Jamie's POV*

I'm too glued in the moment of staring at our baby girl that I don't even realise Dakota crying as she sits in the bed next to me. "Hey, what's wrong?" I ask her softly, using my thumb to dry her cheek. "I'm just so overwhelmed with love and happiness. I can't believe she's here" she covers her mouth to quieten her sob.

"Here, hold her.." I smile lovingly, passing Dakota our baby, who's wrapped in a pink blanket, before helping her dry her eyes. I place a soft kiss on her forehead as I sit beside her on the chair. We stay in complete silence, both of us just gazing in awe at the bundle of joy we made from our love for each other. True love for each other.

"I want to tell my family, but I'm so exhausted and achy I can't move.. will you tell them?" She asks me and I smile, nodding. "Wait... phone your dad first.." she nods to my phone on the side and I smile shyly, touched that she'd want my father to know first.

He answers on the second ring;
"Jamie? Is everything okay?" He asks and my eyes fill up as I watch Dakota. "She's here.." I whisper, emotional, quickly checking the time before continuing. "About an hour ago.." I say and I sense his grin.

"Oh son, I'm so happy for you both. Send my wishes to Dakota, are they both okay?" He asks "she's perfect dad, they're both doing amazing, we're just really tired" I chuckle a bit. "Send us some photos will you? I'll let everyone know it all went well." He says and we thank him and promise to send photos before I hang up.

"Look.. Shes opened her eyes" Dakota grins and I wander over to her, smiling when I see she's got her eyes open. "They're like yours.. so blue" I whisper kissing her head before kissing Dakota's head. "I'll go tell your family baby.." I say, kissing her head once more. "Thank you.. did you want to bring Dulcie back with you?" She asks me and I nod smiling.

I take a deep breath outside the family room before opening it and going inside. Everyone gasps when I walk in, standing up straight away apart from Dulcie who's sleeping on one of the comfy chairs by Mel. "She's here and she's beautiful, absolutely beautiful" I wipe my eyes as tears threaten again. Mel, Don and Tippi are the first to hug me and congratulate me. Grace and Stella are next. "How're they doing?" Tippi asks.

"Amazing... Dakota looks so tired but beautiful and baby is healthy and also beautiful" I smile as everyone grins back at me. "I think she wanted Dulcie to meet her first, if that's alright with everyone else?" I say, walking over to Dulcie and kneeling down.

"Of course, we're going to go for some coffee whilst you take Dulcie in there; we'll grab you both one" Mel says, rubbing my back gently before they all leave. I stroke Dulcie's hair gently from her face and she stirs, smiling slightly and opening her eyes.

"Hello sleepy head" I chuckle and she grins. "Hello daddy" she sits up slowly and frowns. "Where's grandma Mel?" She asks and I smile. "They've gone out for some air... did you want to come with me to see Dakota and your baby sister?" I say after giving her a few minutes to wake up properly.

"My baby sister is here?" She gasps, covering her mouth with her hand and I try to fight back my tears. "She is, Dakota's excited to see you" I lift her in my arms and grab her backpack then go to the room Dakota is in.