Part 15

When I wrote this update my heart melted so much, I loved writing this one especially! I hope you all love it too😌

*Jamie's POV*

We've been in Belfast for four days now, I've taken Dakota and Dulcie everywhere, I've shown Dakota most of where I spent my childhood. She's loved every minute. Yesterday, we went to the cemetery and laid flowers on my moms grave with Dulcie. We spent the other day at my sisters house, meaning Dulcie had someone to play with, Dakota and my sister got on like a house on fire.

Today is our last day before we go home tomorrow. Dakota has been whisked away to play upstairs with Dulcie and her new kitchen; meaning I have a chance to talk to my dad.

"Do you have a minute, dad?" I ask as we sit in the living room. "Of course son, what's up?" He asks putting his paper down onto his lap. "Was just wondering if, if me and Dakota get Dulcie settled later this evening, could you and Sam watch her? I want to take Dakota out for a meal" I look to him and he smiles. "Of course, you didn't even need to ask. What's the occasion?" He asks raising an eyebrow.

I pull a ring box from my jacket and his eyes grow wider. "It's not what you think.. it's a promise ring. I want to give it her tonight" I open the box to show him the silver band with a little red diamond shaped into a heart. "That's great.. you've really fallen on your feet with her. She's brilliant, with Dulcie too. It's good to see you happy son" my dad says, a lump forms in my throat. He's the only one who understood what I went through with Amelia, to know that he can see my happiness is amazing.

"Thanks dad.. she's the one" I nod smiling at him at my eyes well up slightly. "I'm going to go see her" I stand and go to the door. "Jamie... your mother would've loved her" he says quietly and i turn to him. "I know she would've" I choke out, smiling at him one last time before going upstairs to Dakota and Dulcie.

I wipe my eyes and take a few deep breaths to control my emotions, before going to them. Dakota is sat on the floor with her legs crossed as Dulcie is in the kitchen pretending to cook something "hey babe.. Dulcie's doing some food join us?" She giggles turning to me before her face drops and she frowns seeing my eyes that are red.

"You okay?" She shoots up and is pulling me into her embrace, her head resting comfortably on my chest. "Just talking with my dad.. things got a little emotional" I run my hands up and down her arms, lifting her chin and kissing her gently.

She pouts and rubs her hand repeatedly over my back, I rub my eyes again. "We'll sort Dulcie out, then my dad and Sam are going to watch her.. I want to take you out" I smile lovingly at her and she grins back. "sounds perfect.." she leans up and kisses my lips gently.

"Come on 'kota" I hear Dulcie say, adding a sigh. "Alright am coming" she giggles, sitting back on the floor and taking the plate of pretend food from my daughter. She pretends to eat the plastic food on the plate. Dulcie giggles at her before taking the plate off her.

--
*Dakota's POV*

We bathed Dulcie together and she's now downstairs with Sam and her grandpa watching a film. Jamie and I are upstairs just finishing off getting ready.

Jamie said the place he's taking me is a smart casual type place, he's wearing black jeans with a black top and navy jacket. He looks casual and oh so hot.

I decided on a long sleeved navy dress that buttons up at the front. It shows off a little bit of cleavage and it stops just about half way down my thigh. I've put a little mascara on and a bit of foundation but that's all, I curled my hair a little so it falls in waves around my face and down my back.