Part 102

Hello everyone, I hope you're all managing to stay safe❤️
Here's my next update, just a heads up, I'm letting the story be a bit behind the time of year we are now, so they're not in December yet if that makes sense.
Thank you to everyone who still loves my story; enjoy! xx

*Dakota's POV*

It's Dulcie's birthday today. We got to Jim's house later last night after our flight was delayed and we were all so tired that we said our hellos and went straight to bed. The wall clock in the kitchen reads 4:30 AM as I walk through the doorway. I can't sleep so I've decided to head downstairs. I grab myself a bottle of water from the fridge and then head into the lounge.

I curl up on the sofa and put the television on; turning it right down and resting my head on the arm of the sofa. I manage to doze back off on the sofa but I'm soon awakened when I hear the stairs creak. Jim wanders into the lounge, jumping out of his skin when he sees me. "Sorry.. I didn't mean to scare you" I whisper giggling a bit as I bite my bottom lip.

"I wasn't expecting anyone to be down yet.. no need to apologise" he chuckles a bit, heading to the kitchen. "Did you want a coffee?" He asks me and I follow him. "Do you have decaf?" I chuckle, stroking my bump as he sighs. "Of course I completely didn't realise you can't drink it." He laughs, checking the cupboards. "We have decaf" he waves them in the air when he finds them.

"I'll have one of them please" I smile, sitting at the dinner table "how come you're awake?" He asks me and I pout a bit "I slept a little bit but I think my body clock is already getting a bit jet lagged" I say and he sighs "that's not good. Especially when you'll already be tired with the girls and growing a little baby" he chuckles a bit and I giggle.

"I know.. I'll be okay, we're quite busy today for Dulcie's birthday" I say, thanking him when he passes me my coffee mug. "Well you just let me or Sam know if you need to rest, We'll take the girls for a while" he sits facing me, smiling softly. "Thank you.. I guess Jamie told you about my blood pressure.." I chuckle a bit, letting out a sigh.

"He did.. he wanted me to be here if you had any questions.. he's just worried about you" he says softly, watching me as my finger traces the top of the mug. "I'm worried too" I whisper a bit, looking to him. "That's normal, trust me. But they only chase stuff like high blood pressure up to check it's nothing serious. In all my years of being a OB i must've only had a handful of patients with high blood pressure but their pregnancies went absolutely fine. You don't have anything to worry about" he reaches over to squeeze my hand softly before letting it go.

"That's good to know.. it makes me feel a little better" I nod; smiling a bit. "I think just because of last time.. the miscarriage, and now all this with my current pregnancy I'm just a little bit overwhelmed" I watch as he finishes his coffee. "That's normal.. I'm sure Jamie probably feels a little nervous about it too. You've got each other and that's the most important thing." He smiles, taking my mug from me when I take my last mouthful of coffee.

"Thank you.. I really appreciate it" I smile at him and he grins. "I'm going to head off for my morning walk to the allotments, did you want to join me?" He asks as he gets his coat on. "I'm okay, I think I'll head back to bed for a while.. thanks for the offer though" I giggle. "Enjoy your walk" I head over to him, kissing his cheek softly and thanking him again before heading upstairs. "You're welcome" he smiles after me.

—————

I'm woken by the sound of our en-suite shower running. I stretch and yawn; seeing that the bedside clock says it's 8:34 AM. I gasp and jump up. I really hope I haven't missed Dulcie opening her birthday presents! I scramble to my feet and head for the bathroom, knocking before entering. Jamie is stood under the steamy hot water; he grins when he sees me.