Part 30

Hi!
I can't believe I'm just about to upload part 30?! I never thought this fan-fic would get this far, it makes me the happiest, thank you so much to everyone who reads, votes and especially for the comments! It means the world to me ❤️

*Jamie's POV*

I wake to Dulcie tugging the bed sheets. "Daddy grandma and grandpa are going now" she says, running off downstairs. I get up, put my top on and go down to my family waiting at the door. They're hugging Dakota and Dulcie saying their goodbye. "I'm sorry I slept in" I say, going to hug them all goodbye.

We watch them get into the taxi, waving them off before going back inside. I notice Dulcie is changed, Dakota must have dressed her. "Morning" I kiss her gently. "Morning" She says walking to the kitchen. Dulcie runs off after Zep and I go over to Dakota.

"You okay baby?" I ask, sliding my arm around her. "I'm fine" she nods, passing me my coffee before walking off. I frown, sipping my coffee before going upstairs and getting changed. Dakota does the same, she's way too quiet. There's got to be something wrong..

We all have breakfast and then Dakota and Dulcie play in her room whilst I sort some of my work out in the office room we have. A little while later Dakota wanders in to me, looking sad.

"Tell me what's wrong..." I frown watching her fiddle with her fingers. "I.. I think we need to phone the midwife" she whispers welling up. "What's going on??" I stand, going round to her and taking her hands.

"I'm spotting.. I'm not sure why" a few tears fall from her eyes and my heart breaks. This can't happen to us.. no.. "shit.." I mumble and she starts to weep softly. I pull her close, stroking her back. "Hey come on it's going to be okay, let's phone the midwife and see what she says" I lift her into my arms gently, carrying her to our room and laying her down before propping myself up next to her.

I let her lay against me with her head on my arm as her crying calms. I grab my phone and dial the midwifes number. She answers on the second ring. "Afternoon you're through to Dr. Naomi". She says all formal. "Hey it's Jamie I'm just phoning for something regarding Dakota.." I say, stroking her hair as she watches me and listens.

"What can I help you with?" She asks and I sigh. "She's noticed she's spotting a little bit.." I say quietly stroking Dakota's hair. "Right okay, she's nine weeks isn't it?" She asks and i can hear through the phone she's typing onto the computer.

"Yeah about nine weeks and four days" I say, watching Dakota as she moves closer to me. "Okay, this is a little personal, but have you recently had intercourse?" She asks and I blush. "Errrr yes.. last night" I say a little quietly.

"When did she notice the spotting?" She asks and I tell her I'll just ask her. "Baby.. when did you notice the spotting?" I kiss her head "first thing this morning.. I'm sorry I didn't tell you." She moves her head to my chest, crying softly. "She said first thing this morning" I tell her and she types onto the computer again.

"Because her body is still adjusting to having to carry a baby inside her cervix is changing slightly to accommodate this and that can sometimes cause bleeding, especially after intercourse. The baby's fine" I sense her smile down the phone and I let Out the breath i must've been holding in.

"Oh Thank god, thank you." I say and she chuckles. "You're very welcome.. now, I have space available in half an hour if Miss Johnson wanted to come on down and I can give her a check over to reassure her?" She says and I kiss Dakota's hair. "She said did you want to go down to see her and check on the baby?" I ask and Dakota nods.

"If you don't mind, that would be great" I reply back to Dr. Naomi. "Sure thing, see you shortly" she replies and the she's gone. "I've hurt our baby haven't I?" She starts to cry again into my arms. "No not at all Dakota... she said because your body is changing to accommodate the baby growing in there and that means your cervix is changing and sometimes it can cause a little bit of bleeding, especially after sex" I kiss her head and she looks up to me, chewing her bottom lip.