Part 41

I haven't updated for so long I am so so sorry!! It's been a hectic few weeks, but I have still been writing and I have so much exciting stuff for you! Enjoy this update x

*Jamie's POV*

I stand, with Dakota, in the middle of our baby girl's newly decorated room. Her hand is resting on top of her, now, 32 week baby bump.

We've decorated her room in the palest off grey with one wall light baby pink. Her cot is set up with the mattress and blankets on one corner of the wall near the window, the changing table opposite that with a small pink mattress, all her diapers and lotions ready and set up in the baskets below.

The other side of her room we've placed her wardrobe, that's now practically full to the brim with alsorts of baby clothes. Dakota's took time to wash, dry and iron everything, the baby grows are folded neatly on the shelves at the bottom of the wardrobe, dresses, pretty tops, cardigans, dungarees are all hung on pegs at the rack above. Vest, socks and mittens are all in different drawers within the wardrobe too.

"It looks beautiful" she whispers. I turn my gaze to hers and pull her closer when I realise she's got tears in her eyes. "We did a great job baby" I kiss her head, holding her close. "Eight more weeks.. she'll be here with us hopefully" she smiles shyly and I kiss her gently.

"Our lives are about to change and I honestly can't wait.." I kiss her again and she nods. "Me too.." she gazes at me before pulling away. "I need to bath.. you want to join me?" She asks and it's an offer I can't refuse. I nod, taking her hand and leading her into our bathroom.

It's been a few weeks since the crash, the driver of the other car was found guilty of drink driving and sentenced. My ribs and leg are perfectly fine now, I'm cast free. Dakota's ribs are all better now too. We've both been a bit hands off recently, at first I thought it was because of the crash, but now I'm starting to think otherwise.

Once we're in the bath she leans against my front and I hold her close, my hands gently resting on her bump. "Baby.. what's going on?" I whisper, kissing her neck gently. "What do you mean?" Her head moves to rest against my shoulder, so she can look up at me.

"There's just something different with us.. we've never been this 'hands off'... I think this whole time we've been together this is the longest we've gone without sex.. without any kind of intimacy" I say, a little bit quietly. She sighs, sitting up properly and turning to me.

"Jamie.. I hate the way i feel about myself, about the way I look.. the one thing I don't want to happen is for you to go off me because of how I look.. I'm sorry, if it made you feel like I just wasn't interested.. there's nothing I crave more than intimacy with you, you know that.." she whispers, A blush slightly creeping on her cheeks as she smiles shyly.

"You're pregnant with my baby, I don't think there's anything more beautiful than that.. especially to me.. you could've spoke to me about how you were feeling baby.." I kiss her cheek tenderly and she smiles lovingly. "I'm sorry.. next time I will" she nods, leaning to kiss my lips.

I wash her hair gently, messaging her scalp with my fingers, she's got her eyes closed and it's clear she's enjoying it. Once I've washed my own hair we get out and dry in our room. I change into shorts and a polo top, Dakota changes into a blue summer dress that hangs over her bump and flows down to her knees.

"Nothing fits me anymore" she pouts, looking in the long mirror on the wardrobe; both her hands over her bump. "You're still as beautiful as you were before, you're small compared to some pregnant people you see.." I stand behind her and wrap my arms around her, kissing her neck repeatedly. She melts against me and moans softly into my ear.