Part 94

Hi everyone. I hope you are all doing okay?! I'm glad everyone is still loving this story. I love writing it.
Enjoy this next chapter x

*Dakota's POV*

"Where's my birthday girl?" I grin as I enter Charlotte's room with Jamie. She's stood against her cot and her face splits into the biggest grin. "Happy birthday baby girl" I coo, lifting her into my arms and kissing her face all over She squeals and giggles loudly, looking at Jamie as he fusses over her too. "I can't believe you are one. You're way too little to be" he pouts and I giggle, watching as she reaches for him.

I kiss her head once more before passing her to him, stroking her back as she babbles loudly, gripping my finger. "She's growing up so fast I don't like it" I pout and Jamie kisses my head. "We'll have another one soon" he spreads his hand over my stomach and I grin shyly, kissing him. "I know.." I whisper as Dulcie appears at Charlotte's door.

"Morning" she yawns and I giggle. "Morning sleepyhead. You okay?" I ask and she nods, rubbing her eyes. "Morning baby" Jamie kisses her head and she smiles, running off when she sees Sam and Jim coming down from upstairs. "Morning everyone" they say together and we head out of Charlotte's room to them.

"Morning, did you sleep okay?" Jamie asks "we did thanks, I can't believe how beautiful this house is" Sam gushes and I grin. "It's perfect" I glance at Jamie and grin and he smiles back shyly. We all head downstairs and Jamie places Charlotte in her highchair. Jim and Sam each kiss her head and wish her happy birthday; causing her to giggle.

"I was going to make us all breakfast, what did you all want?" Jim says and I pout. "You two are the guests, I'll make breakfast" I say about to get up. "No please, let me" he smiles and I nod, grinning "thank you" I glance at Jamie and he shrugs a bit, smiling. "Grandpa can we have pancakes? Pleaseeee" Dulcie bounces in her seat and everybody laughs.

"Sure angel, that alright with everyone else?" He asks and everyone agrees to having pancakes. "If you wanted to do Charlotte a little one, she'll have that" I grin shyly and he nods, smiling as he wanders off to the kitchen. "I'll get the coffee on" Jamie says as he follows his father.

"We've taught them well" Sam giggles as she sits facing me near Charlotte at the table. "We have" I giggle, watching Dulcie play in the lounge with a few of her toys. "Goodness I cant believe she's one already, feels like just yesterday we got the call to say you'd had her" Sam pouts, stroking Charlotte's cheek as I watch them.

"I know.. I said to Jamie this morning she's growing up so fast, but I wouldn't change her for the world.." I say, taking Charlotte's hand as she holds it out. "Won't be long until you have another little one hopefully" she grins and I grin shyly. "Hopefully! I'm a little nervous to have more though" I smile a bit and she takes my hand as Jamie brings her a mug of coffee through.

"Everything will be fine dear.. whenever it happens it will be the best thing" she smiles squeezing my hand before thanking Jamie for her coffee. I thank her and then thank him for my coffee as he sits beside me. "Dadadada" Charlotte squeals and I giggle. "Come on, it's your birthday you can at least try to say mama?" I pout and Sam giggles.

"Bababa" Charlotte giggles at me and I gasp "now you're just teasing me" I tickle her sides and she squeals in delight; squirming and giggling. "She's so cute" Dulcie giggles as she takes a seat near Jamie. "She is" I grin catching Jamie's eye as he gazes at me interacting with Charlotte. I smile shyly and lean back in my chair; resting my hand on his thigh and squeezing it gently as Jim brings a big plate of pancakes through to us.

-----

"I really thought you had told Sam about the baby earlier" Jamie says, wrapping his arms around me from behind as we manage to find a second to ourselves since this morning. It's now late afternoon and my family arrived a few hours ago. The sun is out so everybody is in either dresses or shorts.