Part 67

Hi!!
Another update, hope you're all still enjoying this x

*Dakota's POV*

It's day two of being with Jamie. Yesterday we went to see his sister, then he worked yesterday afternoon until quite late. Today he's been working but is expected home soon. The girls are with Sam downstairs and I'm just waking from my nap. I'm so exhausted from the flight still, the jet lag has got me good this time.

The pains in my stomach died down yesterday but today they're back and are twice as bad. They feel like labour pains. I assume my body is getting ready to remove the baby, my heart breaks at the thought. I've been taking my painkillers for the pain, so that helps.

I hear footsteps on the stairs and then Dulcie comes through to the bedroom. "Kota?" She whispers and I smile a bit, turning to face her as she stands by the bed on my side. "Hey cheeky" I lean across and stroke her hair.

"Are you okay kota?" She smiles sadly and I nod. "Of course, I'm okay baby girl" I kiss her head, my heart melting at how concerned she is. "Will you come and play? I'm bored" she sighs a bit and I pout. "I have really bad stomach pains today.. I'm sorry" I whisper and her bottom lip begins to tremble.

"Hey.. I'm sorry" my eyes fill up. I never meant to upset her. "Just want my kota to be happy again" she climbs up onto the bed and curls into me under my arms, hugging me. "I will be baby, I promise I will" I kiss her head, tears forming in my eyes.

She kisses my cheek and I hold her closer. Closing my eyes again. "Love you" she whispers and I smile a bit "I love you more than that!" I kiss her face over and she giggles, squirming around in my arms.

"Daddy will be home soon" I say, kissing her nose once more. "I hope daddy will play with me and Charlotte" she grins and I smile sadly at her. "I'm sure he will." I kiss her head and she gets down.

"Will you come down?" She asks me sweetly and I nod. "I just need to use the bathroom. You head down and I'll see you downstairs" I smile watching as she runs off down the stairs carefully. I head to the bathroom, doing what I need on the toilet and it's not until I go to flush that I notice what's in the bottom of the toilet.

I flush quickly and wash my hands, panicking as the tears begin to fall again. I slide myself down the wall, pulling my legs up and resting my arms on them, my head on top of my arms. I let go for what feels like the hundredth time since this started.

---

I cry and cry until there's nothing left except dry sobs and I'm left shaking. I don't remember how much time passes but I hear footsteps, I silently pray it isn't Dulcie, I hate her seeing me like this.

Jamie rushes through to me, Crouching down at my side and folding me into his arms. His warm, soft arms. My favourite place. "What happened baby?" He panics and I cling to his top, shaking from crying so badly.

"The baby.." I barely whisper. "The baby was in the toilet.." I mumble and hear his faint gasp. He lifts me and takes me to the bedroom, resting us both on the bed and holding me close, laying half on top of him.

"It's okay I'm right here. I'm right here" he repeats and it calms me slowly. He kisses my head repeatedly and before i realise, I'm asleep. He lifts me from off of him slowly, kissing my head once more before covering me with a blanket and heading out of the room and downstairs.

I wake suddenly. It's dust outside, I can hear Dulcie giggling with Sam and Jim downstairs. I sit up and stretch. I'm glad to note the pains have nearly gone.. the baby's gone too. I sigh sadly, heading to the bathroom. I shower quickly and wash my hair.