Part 119

Hey!! Here's another update!
Hope your all doing okay!
Enjoy xx

*Dakota's POV*

It's evening, and we had our take out and then we bathed Noah and Charlotte. I've just tucked Noah into bed and read him a story until he was asleep, and now I'm halfway through the story for Charlotte when I realise she's asleep too. I stroke her hair and watch her sleep for a few minutes; before kissing her head softly.

"I love you, Goodnight baby" I whisper; getting up and leaving her night light on, leaving her room and heading to mine and Jamie's room. He's sat on the bed looking at something on his phone; he's got a deep frown across his face.

"They're both sleeping" I say as I close our door. "What's this?" He whispers; his voice hoarse when he holds his phone out to me. There's a news article open and the headline says 'Dakota and Jamie's marriage on the rocks?' And there's photos from the movies wrap party, one of the guys I've been filming with has his hand on my thigh and we're laughing freely. We're sat quite close too.

"It's not what it looks like.. they've got it all wrong like usual" I take his phone from him and scroll through the page; there's more photos like that and then some from us leaving, we're both climbing into the same car. Jamie glances over at them ones too; gasping before letting out a sob and burying his head into his hands.

"Jamie.." I gasp, reaching for him. "Jamie it's nothing I promise. I did nothing" I rush out, but he don't move; he just cries. My heart breaks. I've never seen him like this ever. "I've been here, not sleeping and not eating properly worried about you..." he stutters and I frown, pulling him into my arms.

"I've looked after the kids day in day out, you've been pushing me away" he cries and I gasp, holding him as close to me as possible. "Jamie please" I well up; stroking his hair as I hold him. "It was nothing. Please. We was staying at the same hotel and I was tipsy, he didn't want me to travel alone." I say softly and he just cries in my arms; until he's all cried out.

"You know, since the miscarriage I've felt so lonely and you've pushed me away. You never asked me how I was." He whispers and i frown. "You went straight back to work and didn't even think twice about me... and I know you used work to distract you from that, but I was always checking on you, I'd text you to see if you was okay and they'd be no reply.. I had no one and that fucking hurts" he whispers and wipes his cheeks; his face is flushed.

"Jamie i... I didn't think" I cry and he frowns; shaking his head. "You didn't think about your own husband?" He looks to me and I cry more. He looks broken. I fucked up so badly. "Please.. we need to talk properly jamie.." I go to take his hand and he moves them away from me; causing me to cry more.

"I'm exhausted Dakota. I can't do this right now. I need some space." He says as he stands; stripping to his boxers and grabbing a white top. "I'm gonna sleep in the guest room tonight.." he makes his way to the door and I sob: watching him. "Goodnight" he whispers and closes the door; I fall back onto the bed and cry into my hands. How could I fuck things up this much?...

—————————

I jump awake. The clock on our bedside table says it's just after seven in the morning. My eyes are sore and hazy but I get straight up and use the toilet, before going in search of Jamie. On my way I pop my head into Charlotte's room and then Noah's; they're both sound asleep.

I check every guest room we have but there's no sign of Jamie. I begin to panic. I have never seen him as upset as he was last night. what if he's left? Tears fill my eyes and i begin to cry as I dial his number on my mobile. I don't expect him to answer me, I wouldn't want to talk to me right now either. After ringing for a few minutes he answers but he doesn't say anything.