Part 93

Hey everyone!! I hope you're all doing okay, this update is longer than I realise, and I hope you all absolutely love it!! It melted my heart whilst writing it!❤️
Enjoy x

*Jamie's POV*

This morning I made me and Dakota breakfast, we tried to think of something we could do while she's off for a few days but neither of us could make a decision. She's talking to me, but I wish it didn't feel forced. I know she's forgiven me but I think it's going to be a while until we're okay again. Tomorrow is Charlotte's birthday and we're having a few family and friends over for the big day.

Dakota has gone to pick Charlotte up and get some ingredients to made a cake. Then whilst Charlotte sleeps later we'll bake the cake and decorate it. it's crazy when we think back to this time a year ago... We wasn't engaged or married, Dakota was secretly so scared to become a mommy. But she is the best mommy to Charlotte and i feel so lucky to be able to call someone so loving and caring, my wife...

"oh really? and then what happened?" Dakota's voice pulls me from my thoughts, she's talking to Charlotte. I hear her babble in response, causing Dakota and her to giggle. I Grin as she walks through to the kitchen; Charlotte in her arms. "Dadada" she squeals and i take her from Dakota's arms. "She's so clever!" Dakota grins, putting the grocery bag onto the kitchen island and placing the bunch of flower she's holding, by the sink.

"Did your mom get the flowers for you?" I Ask as i hold Charlotte on my hip whilst she babbles. "You gave me your credit card to buy the groceries so i thought i would treat myself" She smirks across at me as she arranges the flowers into a vase. There pink, blush and white peony bouquet. I laugh and she giggles a bit. "you deserve them" i kiss her softly and she blushes slightly. "I know" she giggles a bit, placing the vase in the middle of the breakfast bar.

"They remind me of our wedding" She says softly, admiring them before turning to me, stroking Charlotte's hair. "me too... I love you" i watch her, kissing her head when she turns to look at me. "I love you too.." She smiles and it gives me slight butterflies. "Shall we feed this cheeky baby and then start her cake?" I suggest.

"You can feed her if you like, I'll start the cake" she smiles, kissing my cheek before wandering off into the kitchen, washing her hands and weighing out all the ingredients. "I watch her for a little while and then I sit Charlotte in her highchair, listening to her babble and try to talk whilst I sort her something to eat.

I decide on getting her a little bit of chicken soup with a few boiled veggies on the side. I help her feed herself and she eats everything slowly and carefully. "Are you collecting Dulcie tonight or tomorrow morning?" Dakota calls through. "I think tonight, Amelia never replied to me so I'm not sure." I shrug a bit, taking Charlotte's dirty bowl into the kitchen and cleaning her face.

"Well I can go get her if you wanted? Just find out if it's okay" she smiles a bit and I nod "okay baby.. I'll ask her again" Dakota slides the two baking tins with cake mix in, into the oven; setting the timer and turning to me. "Here take her, I'll clean up" I hold Charlotte out to her mommy, watching her face light up when she sees her mommy.

"Thank you" Dakota smiles sweetly, taking her and wandering through to the lounge; as I start to clean down. "Can you say mama?" I hear her saying to Charlotte but all she gets is a giggle in response; causing her to giggle too. "You're so cheeky" she says and I smile to myself listening to her.

The door goes and I head off to answer it, staring wide eyed as my dad and Sam are stood there. We haven't seen them since the wedding four months ago, they're a very welcoming sight to see! I hug first my father and then Sam, inviting them in. Dakota is stood by the hallway entrance.