Part 64

Hi guys! Just a short one today, hope your weekend is going great!
Enjoy x

*Jamie's POV*

It's been nearly three weeks since I left for work and I've been miserable and down since the day I left my girls. Dulcie has gone back to Amelia's now so I'm worried about Dakota and Charlotte most of my days, hoping they're okay and hoping she's doing okay by herself.

Today i have a day off, I spoke to Dakota a little this morning but she's off doing promo for The Peanut Butter Falcon so we won't get to talk properly until tonight.

"Hey, fancy going to do a bit of shopping?" Sam asks me as I'm lounging in the sitting room watching trashy TV. I shrug a bit and she sits by my feet. "It's no good moping around after yourself." She rests her hand on my leg and I sigh. "I just miss them so much. Charlotte's changing every day, I bet she's learning new things and I don't get to see that" I sigh and she pouts. "I know, I'm sorry.. but you're working for her, so she has the future she deserves. Because you're a wonderful father to her, and to Dulcie." She says and I smile a bit.

"How about me, you and your father go for lunch, and then didn't you mention the wedding being sooner than you thought?" She asks to which i nod, grinning a bit. "Then let's go suit shopping" she nudges me and I smile shyly, nodding.

"Sounds good.." I sit up, taking her hand in mine. "Thank you, sam" I say and she smiles shyly. "Don't be silly, it's what I'm here for. Come on let's go" she bounces off the sofa and calls my dad, telling him to get ready.

I get my shoes on and my jacket as it's a bit chilly outside today. Whilst I wait for my dad and Sam I get my phone from my jean pocket, getting up my messages, texting Dakota;

'just going suit shopping with my dad and Sam, makes it feel so real that I'm getting to marry you, I hope works okay.. i miss you so much xx'

I hit send and put my phone away into my pocket. When they're ready we head to the car and I drive us to the nearest shopping mall. I park up and we decide to have lunch first. Sam picks for us to go nandos so we head there and eat, I decide to treat them and pay for it.

----

We manage to find a suit, Sam got all emotional when she saw me in it, she said I looked handsome and Dakota will love it. My father got one similar to mine too. Black suit trousers and blazer, black bow and a crisp white shirt. My blazer has velvet lapels and there's a black waistcoat that buttons, but I'm not sure i'd wear that.

Sam decides to drive us back so I'm sat in the back of the car. Whilst on our way home my phone vibrates in my pocket;

'Hey baby, only just finished working so picking Charlotte up from my moms to get her settled.. suit shopping? I love you in a suit😍 FaceTime me later please, I miss you and I love you x'

'How was work? Give Charlotte kisses from me, I'll FaceTime you later baby I love you x'

I don't get a reply, but I guess she's probably driving. I'll let her get Charlotte settled and then call her later. I smile to myself. I can't wait to see her beautiful face.

"What's got you smiling?" My dad chuckles and I blush, like I'm a teenager. "Just thinking about Dakota" I chuckle and Sam grins as we pull up on their driveway. "You've really got it bad haven't you?" She smirks as we get out.

"I have..I don't think that'll ever go" I chuckle and she rubs my shoulder. "This kind of happiness suits you" she smiles at me and her comment warms my heart. "Dad, will you give me a hand? I want to write my own vows" I gri and his face lights up.

"Of course son! We'll get some paper and give it a try" he wanders off into the sitting room, coming back with a notepad and pen. Sam starts with dinner and together the three of us try to come up with ideas for my vows.

----

"Dakota's calling, I'm going to take this upstairs, night" I say to my father and Sam. It's nearly midnight here, we ate and decided to watch a film. "Night" they smile after me. I head up to my room, letting the call connect.

"Hi" she smiles shyly. She's laying in bed I think, on my side. "Hi baby.." I grin, stripping to my boxers and getting into bed. "Look who's here.." she says and turns the camera slightly, showing me Charlotte. "My baby girl" I grin and Charlotte giggles, reaching her little hands up to the camera.

"She wouldn't settle, I think she's starting to teeth.." she pouts and I pout too. "Poor baby.. I miss you both" I say watching them. "We miss you too.. how was your day off?" She asks.

"It was alright... we got a suit for the wedding and my dad helped me start my vows.." I smile shyly and her face lights up. "I wanna see your suit" she pouts, giggling as Charlotte squeals beside her, lifting her legs and grabbing her feet with her hands.

"I think I might see if my mom is free tomorrow, I want to go dress shopping now you've got your suit" she smiles shyly, giving Charlotte her pacifier as she yawns cutely. "I can't wait to see what you pick" I grin and she giggles. "Charlotte and Dulcie are going to look adorable.." she smiles, kissing Charlotte's head as she slowly closes her eyes.

"I think the excitement of seeing daddy made her sleepy" she giggles whispering. I chuckle and watch as she rests her phone on the bed and gets up, taking Charlotte to her bassinet before coming back to the bed, getting in.

"So, I needed to ask... what did you want me to do about bridesmaids?" She asks me and I frown a bit. "What do you mean?". "Well.. I think grace and Stella are going to be my maids of honour.. Dulcie and Char as my flower girls" she smiles shyly.

"How about your sisters as bridesmaids? And maybe Addison? Or her little Ezer too?" I suggest and she pouts. "Could work.. maybe Addison as my maid of honour? I just don't want my sisters to take offence to it" she sighs a bit. "I'm sure they won't baby, it'll be fine. Speak with them" I say and she nods.

"We should look at sending out invitations to everybody" she giggles and I nod. "I can phone somewhere tomorrow, get them to design something up for us" i smile "okay baby.." she smiles sleepily at the screen.

"You look so beautiful and sleepy" I murmur, smiling lovingly at her. "I feel really tired, but I don't want to stop talking with you" she yawns, covering her face slightly in politeness. "I know baby.. hopefully I can come home soon" I pout, watching as she smiles sadly.

"I hope so" she takes a deep breath, closing her eyes. "Are you okay?" I frown, her facial expression looks as though she's in pain. "I've been getting a bit of an ache in my stomach, and my back.." she pouts, opening her eyes.

"Oh baby.. " I sigh, feeling awful that I can't look after her. "It's been on and off for a few days now.. today it's really bad though" she frowns a bit.

"Go get yourself a hot water bottle baby" I say and she gets out of bed, wandering downstairs with her phone to sort out her hot water bottle.
"It feels like labour? If that makes sense.." she laughs a bit, rubbing her stomach gently as she heads back upstairs and gets into bed.

"That should make you feel better baby girl.. I wish I could look after you" I watch as she smiles sadly. "Me too.. I'll be okay" she yawns again. "Look I'll let you get some sleep" I say, watching her.

"I want to talk to you.. don't go yet" she smiles sadly, closing her eyes. "Will you sing for me?" She smiles shyly and I nod, singing her one of her favourite songs. I notice that she's soon fast asleep.

"I love you baby" I whisper, catching a glimpse of her smiling a bit in her sleep. I end the call and put my phone on the bedside table. I try to sleep but my mind just won't stop thinking about Dakota being poorly. I'm worried about her.

Comments appreciated as always ❤️