Part 111

Hi everyone!
I hope you are all doing well ☺️ here's the next update, enjoy!❤️

*Dakota's POV*

Me and our baby boy are on our fifth day of being in hospital. We're thankfully being discharged today. He's gotten stronger and I've been healing really well. I've just woken up from a morning nap; baby boy is still sleeping so I very quickly get a shower and get changed into the clothes Jamie brought up for me yesterday. As I'm putting my hoodie on he starts stirring; kicking his feet up as he whines. "Oh baby.." I sit on the edge of my bed and lean over to watch him.

I reach across and gently stroke his cheek to sooth him. He grips my finger with his little hand and I grin, leaning forward to kiss his head. Someone knocks on the door and enters a few seconds later. "Morning.. I've just come to do one last check before you head home" My obgyn smiles at me and I nod a bit, sitting back on my bed so she can get to the baby. "He's just woke up so he might be a bit grumpy" I giggle and she chuckles too, smiling as she lifts him out the crib.

She does her checks with him and then hands him over to me. "Everything looks perfect" She grins and I grin back. "good!" I smile, kissing his head softly. "I think we will probably discharge you around twelve afternoon time" She nods to me and I smile back. "I feel a little bit anxious to take him home... Is that normal?" I frown a bit looking to her as she sits on the edge of my bed. "Of course.. There isn't a right or wrong way to feel anyway, plus you have been here for nearly a week now, he hasn't been outside yet so it's normal to worry about that" She smiles reassuringly.

"He's a strong little boy, he's going to fine... You'll both be better once you are at home. You can settle properly with him" She smiles and I nod, smiling. "Yeah, you're right... Thank you" I look to her and she reaches across to squeeze my hand supportively. "If you feel like it when you get home then talk to Jamie... He'll be able to really reassure you. You two are great parents there's no doubt about that. You'll do great." She smiles again and stands "I better get back to do my routine check ups on my other patients." She chuckles and I giggle, nodding.

"Thank you, for everything" I smile and she grins "It's my job.. I'll pop back in before you leave" She smiles and we say bye and then she leaves. I reach for my phone and dial Jamie's number. "Hey.." I say when he answers. "Hey baby" I sense his smile when he replies.

"We should be able to come home in the next hour or so" I grin and he sighs with relief. "Good baby I'm glad.. I can pick you up" He yawns and I pout. "Did I wake you? I'm sorry.." I frown a bit, laying our baby in the crib before beginning to pack up all of our belongings. "Yeah.. Char hasn't been sleeping great since you haven't been here. We decided to nap on Mommy's side of the bed" He says right before yawning again. "I think she misses you.. We both have been missing you" He whispers and tears form in my eyes.

"Well.. I'll be home soon enough and we can all have cuddles" I whisper and I sense his smile through the phone again. "We can't wait baby.. we will see you soon" He grins. "I love you.. see you soon" I whisper, giggling when he says he loves me more; before we hang up. "Oh baby boy, your daddy is amazing" I whisper, leaning over to kiss his head as he sleeps peacefully.

---------

"I am so happy to see you" I sigh happily as I walk my way over to Jamie's car; carrying the hospital bags in one hand and the baby carrier in the other. He jumps out the drivers seat and walks round to me. I fasten the baby car seat into the car before sliding myself into his awaiting arms, taking in his scent. "We missed you so much" He whispers as he kisses my head softly before pulling away. "Mommy mommy! I miss you" Charlotte kicks her little legs and waves her hands around from the back seat.