Part 65

Hi guys! Another update! Hope you're okay with the way I've taken this, it's a bit of a sensitive subject so I'm sorry!
Enjoy x

*Dakota's POV*

'Hi mom... will you watch Charlotte for me?' I ask down the phone. It's nearly four weeks since Jamie left to go ireland, I've been busying myself with work and taking care of Charlotte, she's nearly five months old now and shes been so wonderful for me. Though we're both missing daddy.

'Of course baby, where do you need to go?' She asks. 'I've been getting the worse pains in my stomach, I've had it for about a week now.. I have an appointment' I sat quietly. 'Bring her over here' she says softly, we end the call and I get Charlotte ready for the day.

I then throw on some leggings and a grey baggy top. Once I sort Charlotte's bag out I leave, driving to my moms. I let myself in and she's in the back room with my grandma Tippi, whose face lights up when she sees Charlotte.

"Look at my beautiful great grand-daughter" she says taking her out the car seat. I smile and watch as she fusses over her, causing Charlotte to giggle and kick her feet.

"Thank you" I go to my mom, kissing her cheek. "Did you want me to come with you?" she asks and I shake my head. "I'll be okay, shouldn't be too long" I smile a bit, rubbing my stomach.

"Right I'm going to head off.. I'll be back later" I kiss Charlotte's head and then Tippi's and my moms cheek before leaving. I drive to the drs office and wait in the waiting room to be seen. As I got an emergency appointment I'm not seeing my usual Nurse.

"Miss Johnson.. the nurse will see you now" the receptionist smiles kindly at me. I return a smile and head to the nurses room. I sit at the desk and she smiles kindly.

"Miss johnson, what can I help you with today??" She gets up my notes on the computer screen. "For about a week or so I've had pains in my back and my stomach.. probably sounds so silly to you" I chuckle a bit before continuing. "The past couple of days it's a bit unbearable.."

"If you could just lay on the bed for me and lift your top" she leads me over to the bed and I smile slightly, getting on and lifting my top. She brings over the ultrasound machine and I frown.

"Oh no I'm not pregnant" I shake my head and she smiles. "I just have to rule it out, nothing to worry about." She laughs softly and I chuckle, laying back and watching as she squirts the gel and uses the probe.

I watch as her face falls slightly. "Have you had any sign of bleeding?" She asks me and I frown a bit. "There was a little bit nothing much.. what's going on?" I whisper slightly. "I'm afraid it seems you're having a miscarriage" she says sadly.

My heart stops. "Wha.. but.. how?" I lose all sense of speech as I stare at her. "That'll explain the pains you've been getting.. your body is trying to get rid of the fetus.." she explains softly. I begin to shake. "I'm sorry I know it's a lot to take in.. would you like some water?" she asks and I nod, sitting up slowly as she passes me a plastic cup of water.

I take a welcome sip and look to the screen. "How many weeks am I?.. was I?..." I look to her, tears in my eyes. "From the size I would say around eight weeks.." she says, handing me some tissue to wipe my stomach.

"So they would've had a heartbeat?" My bottom lip trembles and I bite it to stop myself from crying. "It's likely, yes.." she's smiles sadly, getting a print out of the scan. "Did you want to keep this?" She asks and I nod slowly, taking it from her. She points at a little white patch on the ultrasound "that's the baby.. sadly we can't find a heartbeat" she says sadly. "I didn't even know I was pregnant? No sickness or anything.. " I frown and she sighs. "That can happen sometimes.."