Part 83

Hi guys! Thank you all for being so patient with me, I'm really trying!
This will be the last update for a week or so, so I can write and take my time with the wedding update.
Enjoy!

*Jamie's POV*

I hear the front door close and a bag drop to the floor. I know it's Dakota straight away. Charlotte is just having a nap in her bassinet in the lounge. I decide to go to the hallway to meet Dakota, but she dives on me.

Nearly knocking me to the floor. "I missed you so so much" her hands tighten around my neck and I lift her into my arms, kissing her deeply. "I missed you.. so.. so much" I say between kissing her lips. She grins and tightens her fingers in my hair.

"I want you so much" she giggles cheekily and I smirk, kissing her neck as I walk to the lounge with her. "I want you baby.. but you wanted to wait" I chuckle as I sit down with her on my knee, her legs either side of mine, kneeling.

"Hmm I know" she sighs softly, peeping over charlotte's bassinet, grinning when she sees her sleeping. She leans back, resting her head on my shoulder, her eyes closed. We're silent, holding each other close as we're reunited after only days apart. I kiss her head softly.

We're soon disturbed by the sound of Charlotte stirring, cooing softly. Dakota lights up from the inside out. "My baby!" She grins, jumping up from my knee and going over to her bassinet. Charlotte goes quiet and I lean over to look.

Her face is split into the biggest grin ever, chewing her hand softly as she gazes up at her mommy. "Oh my baby, I missed you so so much" she lifts her and Charlotte squeals and stretches out, kicking her feet excitedly. She turns to me as we stand, and she has tears in her eyes.

"Hey come here.." I whisper, opening my arms, to which she happily slides into, sniffling into my side; her head on my chest with Charlotte on her hip. "I just missed you both, I hated being away.." she stutters to try and hold her emotions in.

"We're all together again now.. aren't we baby?" I coo to Charlotte as I stroke her cheek. She squeals and rests her head on Dakota's shoulder. "I'm so happy to be back" she smiles shyly, kissing Charlotte's head before leaning to kiss me.

"Are you hungry baby girl? Shall we see if mommy wants to eat with us?" I coo to Charlotte and she grins, batting my hand out the way. "Can I feed her?" Dakota's face lights up, and I nod; grinning. "You don't even have to ask baby.. of course" I grin, watching as she sits her in the baby highchair.

"I'll get us takeout tonight, i just want to chill with you" I kiss her, my hand on her bum softly as she warms up some of the purée I made for Charlotte. "Sounds good to me.." she smiles shyly, giggling as Charlotte gets excited over her food.

Dakota sits on one side of Charlotte and I sit the other side "what did daddy make you today cheeky girl?" She coos and Charlotte squeals, grinning. "It's carrot purée" I chuckle and Dakota takes a little bit on the plastic spoon and holds it to Charlotte's mouth.

She immediately opens her mouth and takes the little bit of purée, pulling a face as she moshes it in her mouth before swallowing. "Ah!" She squeals and we both laugh, as Dakota gives her more. "Is that nice?" She coos and Charlotte grins, the bright orange purée all around her face.

"She's a messy baby" I laugh, wiping her mouth once Dakota has given her the rest. She squeals for more and then frowns a bit when Dakota takes the bowl away. Her bottom lip begins to shake and I lift her into my arms just as she starts crying.