Part 100

Hi everyone.
I just wanted to quickly say, from the bottom of my heart thank you to everybody who takes time out of their day to read, like and comment on my story. I am in so much shock that something I started writing to help myself has now gotten this far... 100 PARTS?! for me that is insane, I never expected this to be so loved, but it makes me so happy, so really thank you so so much!!

I've been gone for a while but I really wanted to make this one super special for you all. It made me so happy whilst writing it so I really hope it puts a huge smile on all your faces too!

Sending much love to you all.. Enjoy x

*Dakota's POV*

Jamie's been away for three weeks. It's flew by but me and Charlotte are so excited for daddy to come home. I had my second trimester scan two weeks ago and our baby is healthy and doing well which is really great. Today is our gender scan, Jamie's expected home soon.

"Have you heard from him?" My mom asks as she walks through to my kitchen from putting Charlotte down for a nap. "No.. I'll call him" I sigh a bit getting my phone and dialling his number. It goes straight to answer phone. I hang up and decide to text him.

'Are you okay? I haven't heard from you and our gender scan is today.. please call me xxx'

"Mom I don't want to go without him" I frown a bit getting a little upset. "He'll call soon. Maybe he's just on his flight" she says and I nod a bit, taking a sip of water. We begin a small chat about the scan and what'll happen when my phone buzzes. Jamie's name flashes on screen.

"Baby.." he's panting and I frown "Jamie? Are you back?" I ask and he sighs. "We got hit by a bad storm, so I've had to change my flight home, it's now three hours longer than my original one." He says, he sounds so upset and out of breath. "It's leaving now, I've just had to make a run for it to make it." he pants and i frown, my eyes welling up with tears.

"You won't be back for the scan.." I whisper and he sighs down the phone. "I'm so sorry.. you know I'd be there if I could baby.. without a doubt" he whispers back and I wipe my eyes. "I could call and see if I can change the date.. you get on your flight I'll see you soon" I say, knowing he's already upset and not wanting to upset him more.

"I'm so sorry.. I love you" he mumbles before we hear the last call for his flight. "Love you.. see you soon" I say, sighing as we end the call. "What's up?" My mom asks as she comes back to the kitchen from upstairs. "Jamie won't be home in time for the scan" my bottom lip shakes and a few tears fall down my face.

"Oh sweetheart.. see if you can change it" she rubs my back for comfort as I nod, dialling the surgery that we booked our private scan at. I speak to the lady and soon enough our call is over "I can't change it, it's too late.." I sigh again, placing my phone on the kitchen counter.

"How about I come with you, so you don't have to go alone.. then we think of a way to surprise Jamie with the gender?" My mom suggests and I nod a bit. "Okay sure.." I smile a bit, gutted that Jamie won't be there when I find out.

'I can't change the scan I'm sorry... see you when you get home x'

We drop Charlotte off with my sister Grace and then we make our way to the appointment. I get called into the room straight away and I smile kindly at the nurse. She asks me to lay on the bed and she squirts my stomach with the cold gel.

"I'm nervous" I giggle and she smiles, getting the probe and spreading the gel over my bump, a few seconds later we see the baby on the screen and the heartbeat fills the room. "That's amazing" my mom grins and I giggle, watching the screen.